cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring SMSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have recently gone through an APO and BW upgrade.(from APO 3.1 to 4.1 and BW 3.ob to 3.5). We have a solution manager 4.0

THe smsy of solution manger contains entries of old version. can we change the settings done in smsy or we need to reconfigure everything in solman ? are the settings done in solman will affect the same ? what can be done to reconfigure the smsy without having an effect on Settings done in solman.

Please advise.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapnil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Doreen

i have tried using 1st option. it is giving me the below error:

Runtime Errors UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

Except. CX_SLD_API_EXCEPTION

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SLD_API_EXCEPTION', was not

caught in

procedure "UPDATE_DB_USAGE_LCR" "(FORM)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING

clause.

Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the

exception would occur, the current program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

Communication error: Error when opening an RFC connection

<b>when i tried to check the sld settings with tcode sldcheck given me below error:</b>

Exchange Infrastructure: Test LCR Connection

RFC destination SAPSLDAPI does not exist

=> Create the RFC destination by using transaction SM59!

Summary: Connection to SLD does not work

=> Check SLD function and configurations

Now checking access to the XI Profile

RFC destination LCRSAPRFC does not exist

=> Create the RFC destination by using transaction SM59!

i am not aware to the RFCs SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC. can you please suggest how to create the same. this is non-unicode system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

When setting up SM previously, did you have a SLD? Well if not, everything was captured manually or via RFC.

If you want to use an SLD for your SM, then you need the RFC's created from ABAP(via RZ70) and also from J2EE to the SLD(follow the notes in the IMG).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/28/9daf42a6f6cb6ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d7/9caf42a6f6cb6ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Alternativley, update the definitions of your products in Solution Manager to the new upgraded versions.

Complete all steps per the IMG, you should solve your problems.

Message was edited by:

Derek Galt

DoreenBaseler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Swapnil,

You do not need to reconfigure SMSY after satellite system upgrade. However, I assume your question goes back to what work you have to do after a satellite system upgrade. There is not much to do, assuming that your previous APO 3.1 and BW 3.x systems were already connected to SMSY before the upgrade.

So please check the following:

1. Select your upgraded system and <i>read system data remote</i> via the respective push button. Alternatively, you can wait for the next SCDT_FETCH job to run in order to retrieve new system data (such as software componenents). The later option works of course only if you have connected SMSY to another system landscape repository, such as TMS or SLD.

2. Manually change the installed product version for the system. You do this on the <i>Header Data</i> tab, push button <i>Installed Product Versions</i>.

3. Last but not least change the respective logical component in which the system is used. So make a where-used first to identify the logical components which are affected. Then change the logical component such as form AP0 3.1 to 4.1. The system then automatically also replaces this information in the projects and solutions which use this logical component -> Therefore see the tipp:

Tipp: Before doing 3. you may want to briefly cross-check with your application or support team if for any reason they would like to stick with the "old" logical component reflecting the old release (such as for reasons of transparency to see on which release your business processes have been implemented). If they would like to keep it for specific reasons you always have to bear in mind that the existing logical component attributed to APO 3.1 now points to a APO 4.1 system (which semantically is an inconsistency of course). Additionally, in this case you will have to create new logical components (attributed to the new release, such as APO 4.1) and from now on use these in projects and solutions.

I hope this information provides the help you need.

Regards,

Doreen