cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the " variant "null"" mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,after finishing my Web Dynpro Project,I built my project in DTR,an error happened.It said as follows:

2007-8-22 19:44:25 /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] ERROR: md/wd/model/sla: Build failed for neusoft.com/md/wd/model/sla(neusoft.com_ASE_SC_1) in variant "null": null

-

Build log -

Development Component Build (2007-08-22 19:44:25)

Component name: md/wd/model/sla

Component vendor: neusoft.com

SC compartment: neusoft.com_ASE_SC_1

Configuration: E01_ASE_D

Source code location: http://neuesdnwep01:50100/dtr/ws/ASE/neusoft.com_ASE_SC/dev/inactive/DCs/neusoft.com/md/wd/model/sla...

DC root folder: C:\Documents and Settings\neusoft_1\.dtc\0\DCs\neusoft.com\md\wd\model\sla\_comp\

DC type: Web Dynpro

Host: HECJ

DC Model check:

All used DCs are available locally

-

At the same time,I checked the folder where the project in,and I found that there was a folder called "null" in the "gen" folder,and my there was almost nothing in my "gen" folder and its sub-folders.I don't know what happend.Hope to see your opinions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Looks like your Track creation configurations is not done properly. Check the following settings:

- Go to CMS

- Navigate to Landscape Configuration

- Select the Track which you are working on

- Select Track Data tab from available tracks.

- In Software Components for Development View click on View/Edit XML Content.

See if you have the following entries in additon to <dependencies> tag.

<i><build-variants>

<b><build-variant name="default" required-for-activation="yes"></b>

<variant-mappings>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP_JTECHS_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP-JEE_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

<variant-mapping used-compartment="sap.com_SAP_BUILDT_1" used-variant-name="default"/>

</variant-mappings>

</build-variant>

</build-variants></i>

If not there add the above tags and change the Dependency SC names if you have other versions.

Once you are done remove the Development Congfiguration from your NWDS and reimport the track.

Regards

Abhilash

Answers (0)