cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I Need XI with MDM ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I want to use MDM to distribute master data.

I've seen several documents and had a question.

What case or What situation do I need XI(PI) to distribute mastar data to some systems with MDM.

I konw that MDM Syndicator has some functions.

What are the differences between what Syndicator can do and what XI(PI) can do.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Koji.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Scenario 1)

See If u have various systems in yout IT landscape and u want to distribute data to those systems you need a middleware eg. XI.

U will create master data at MDM and XI will distribute that Master Data to the various concern Systems.

Scenario 2)

I u want to send Master Data Using point to point connection

for eg say ; U want to send Material Master Data to your R/3 system from MDM

then its very much possible without XI.

Here in This case Syndicator will put data in Outbound Folder and there u can run few ABAP programs at R/3 side which will fetch record (XML) file to R/3 and convert in to IDoc for creation of material.

See in both the cases Syndicator is just pushing record to Outbound Folder of MDM and after that Xi or your programs in ABAP taking care to fetch data and send to various systems.

I think point should be clear to you

Regards

Himanshu Nijhawan

please mark points for the helpful answer.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Koji,

>>>>What case or What situation do I need XI(PI) to distribute mastar data to some systems with MDM.

apart from those answers already given you need to consider two more things:

- do I want to build all the flows from scratch or do I want to use XI content

so standard flows supplied by SAP that you can need to upload to XI

and you have out of the box integration with R3

- the second thing you need to consider is how are you going to

connect any r3, crm, srm or any other sap system to MDM

if you want to use IDOCs then do you have any tool that can

send IDOCs from those sap systems to MDM ?

if not then you need to use XI - which will be the best choice of course

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koji,

The Syndicator is used to export a file (flat, xml) and XI is used to pick that file and it provides this file to the required system.

Using <b>Syndicator </b>results to a <b>manual</b> process but by making use of <b>Syndication Server</b> you can <b>automate</b> the process.

XI is used to pick a file from outbound port (Ready Folder).

<b>For Outbound port</b>: A file is created automatically in Ready folder according to the properties you specify in the syndicator while mapping.

You have to specify a syndication map in console for your outbound port .

Note:Syndication server should be running.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

Mark Helpful Answers </b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>What case or What situation do I need XI(PI) to distribute mastar data to some systems with MDM?</i>

If you want to distibute your master data to any SAP System lioke R/3, SRM, CRM etc you need XI (as a middleware) to integrate MDM with other enterprise system. Not just XI you can use any Middleware MQ series, Tibco etc.

On the If you want to Distibute or Import Master Data between MDM and any Enterprise system you need a Middleware.

<i>What are the differences between what Syndicator can do and what XI(PI) can do.</i>

Syndicator cant perform the functions of XI.

Syndicator gives you the master Data in the format any SAP or enterprise system wants and XI distributes this Master Data.

Get back 4 more help!

Vijay