cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound IDocs -- ALE -- RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an external logical system setup (WE20) to collect several thousand material IDocs and send out packets of 550 IDocs through a transactional RFC port. The program I am using to send the IDocs (RSEOUT00) has a parameter which determines how many IDocs should be committed (COMMIT WORK) before being processed. I was told each IDoc has a 1:1 relationship with a "lock" (I assume table lock), so it was suggested that I keep this number low in order to avoid SAP reaching the maximum table lock amount.

What I am wondering is which parameter, if either, takes precedence in sending IDocs outbound. Is it the "packet size" in the partner profile or is it the "Maximum number of IDocs" field found in RSEOUT00.

A status IDoc is being sent back to SAP (realtime) from a middleware system for each material IDoc sent outbound. Due to the realtime process, I've been forced to collect the inbound status IDocs since they try to update locked outbound IDocs when posting immediately.

After trying to send out packets of 1,000 IDocs, several of the RFC connections timed out and I'm noticing several ARFC* jobs appear in SM37. I chose to suppress background jobs if there is a connection error, so I wasn't expecting to see so many jobs show up on the "Job Overview" screen.

If anyone has any questions, comments or suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an external logical system setup (WE20) to collect several thousand material IDocs and send out packets of 550 IDocs through a transactional RFC port. The program I am using to send the IDocs (RSEOUT00) has a parameter which determines how many IDocs should be committed (COMMIT WORK) before being processed. I was told each IDoc has a 1:1 relationship with a "lock" (I assume table lock), so it was suggested that I keep this number low in order to avoid SAP reaching the maximum table lock amount.

What I am wondering is which parameter, if either, takes precedence in sending IDocs outbound. Is it the "packet size" in the partner profile or is it the "Maximum number of IDocs" field found in RSEOUT00.

I am planning on awarding some big time points if anyone can give me a solid answer!!!