cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASP->SAP RFC options post DCOM Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that SAP.Net Connector is the migration path for the old ASP DCOM Connector apps. However, I have the requirement to maintain a mission critical ASP application until a new ASP.net version can be developed.

What options are available to the ASP developer to make RFC calls into SAP? We are on 4.6b now and will be on ECC6 in 2008.

Thank you for any assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. At least I know that there is a potential bridge I can build. I will experiment with the SAP.Net Connector and web services from ASP.net first. Later I can look at this idea of the SOAP toolkit for ASP 3.0.

I may be back with questions later! Thanks for the direction everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crew,

thank you for the 'very helpful answer' points

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to be clear that the source code will still be classic ASP. I'm interested to know what other methods classic ASP have for calling RFC functions aside from the defunct DCOM Connector.

Has anyone build a SAP.Net Connector proxy and called it from classic ASP? Perhaps via SOAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crew,

with ASP 3.0 it is possible to make http get / post requests

i'd recommend you set up proxies with ASP.NET and SAP .NET Connector (as u're on 4.6b, SAP web services were released 4.7 onwards) and exposing them as web services

these can then be consumed via ASP 3.0 using the SOAP Toolkit 3.0

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-3513_11-5643603.html

with respect,

amit

former_member192429
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have tested SAP.Net connector using window forms C#. All I have used is

making use of the SAP Proxy available and try to access RFC, BAPI and IDocs.

I can drag & drop the RFC or BAPI's from SAP server onto the SAP Proxy. In my code I use the respective RFC to pull up the data.

-Kriss