cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGS problem (java)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We installed an NW04s 64x Server (java stack only).

The installation process ended successfully and the IGS is green and is running on the MMC.

I want to use business graphic object in WD. I noticed that the path http://<server>:40080/ return “The page cannot be displayed”.

I configured the IGS URL in the Visual Admin Tool under: configurations -> webdynpro -> sap.com -> tcwddispwda -> Propertysheet default with value: http://<server>:40080/ (as described on “IGS Configuration in Visual Administrator.pdf”) and restarted the engine but still I receive the same error.

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Yoel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matthias_gemmel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yoel,

regarding the "The page cannot be displayed" issue make sure that you installed the latest IGS. See also SAP note 959358 which describes this issue.

But page cannot be displayed means only that HTTP administration is not possible. Chart generation should work.

For the IgsUrl value try out to use "localhost" or "<server with fully qualified domain>" instead of "<server>".

Best regards

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yoel

Check from SM59, whether IGS-RFC-DEST is working fine.

Also you can check from SE38 run BW-IGS-ADMIN/BW-IGS-CHART-TEST, if you get a graph! That means IGS is working fine.

You can also use GRAPHICS_IGS_ADMIN.

Else, logon to that server and check whether igsmux, igspw, igswd, these 3 processes are running. If these processes are running, but still IGS is not working then, you can kill igsmux and igspw (this is in case of windows system, watchdog will automatically restart them, in case of unix/linux, and you have to start manually).

If still IGS not working then check the following:

The config files must be existing on /usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS**/igs/conf gfwchart.tpl (note 596825) and xmlchart.tpl (note 531668)

Still if IGS is not working then go to /usr/sap/SID//igs/conf/igs.xml and compare the details given there with R3 i.e. SM59à TCP/IPàIGS-RFC-DEST. Details given at both the places should be same.

There should 11 files in /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run for IGS to run

bwgis.so

gfwchart.so

igsexe.lst

igsmanifest.mf

igsmux_mt

igspw_mt

igswd_mt

imgconv.so

sgxgis.so

xmlchart.so

zipper.so

IF THESE FILES ARE MISSING IN /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run then download igsexe.sar from service market place. Then have to place it in run directory. Restart SAP it should work.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek