cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic mapping in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the folowing situation: I have to transforme a material code from a non-sap system into a material code of a sap system. The relation betwean the codes are dynamic.

How can I do this en XI ? The translation tool in XI, let me do transformation only in a static way.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you mean by dynamic?

You're saying it is changed periodically?

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cesar,

After converting / translating material are you trying to post the data in SAP R/3 system using BAPI's or Idoc?

In that case RFC lookup is not good idea..this will have performance issue. I'll suggest check out for UserExit. If you can find exit before posting data you can write your code to map non sap material number for sap material number...If it is posting of Material Master you wll find number of user exits for this.

Let me know if you need more details.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if u have maintained the tables between the material code in non-sap system and material code in SAP system then i guess u can use RFC lookups.

you can also use value mapping if u don't wanna change the codes often

Thanx

Aamir

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cesar,

Are these table maintained in R/3. If yes then you can go for RFC Lookup and do it dynamically at runtime. If its not maintained in R/3 then the other option would be maintaining Value Mappings.

Best regards,

raj.