cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML--->XI--->Flatfile---->GENTRAN---->EDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are planning to implement xml to EDI scenario but its no possible just with XI without any EDI adapter.

so planning to get xml file with sender File adapter and then give out a flatfile with receiver file adapter using FCC and then GENTRAN picks the file from there and give out EDI structure to send out to partners.

we can buy a Seeburger adapter but we have GENTRAN in place ,so thinking of use the existing GENTRAN subsystem.

I am just wondering how far this solution is possible?for me I think its sensible but not sure how far its going to work in practical.so I want to make sure this is going to work before I start any development.

any comments please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Babu,

I won't think any issues techinally in ur scenario development. But the problem is involving two EAI Tools in order to achieve single solution. Anyhow if its decided by the business team then there is no issues.

Converting XML to flat file can be done by XI -

Do u think any issues will occur here.

Converting Flatfile to EDI using GENTRAN -- Do u think any issues will occur here.

Where do u think its not possible practically, can u be lil more specific.

Best regards.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, can gentran produce XML file or only falt file always

XIer

Former Member
0 Kudos

it just produces Flat files.

but can transfer and handle XML too with Gentran Integration Suite(GIS).it has similar kind of adapters like Seeburger,I mean AS2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Raj.

Lets say,if I get complex XML source structure(may be related to EDI structure)then which we cant handle that in XI.

And another concern is with Receiver File adapter,if we want kind of complex output flatfile structure then we cant handle it right.ofcourse we can go for Module development but its another case though.

after all I think it is possible,but I want to get others opinion too rather than doing some development and then dropping in the middle.