cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Schedule to run on Database server running on different application ser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have defined one job to run on Database server due to memory requirement. While defining Job, Target host I have given of database server. When job Released, it started running on other Application server and not on database server.

I have two BGD workprocess configured on database server and both are in "waiting" status,

Can anyone know if I can run job on Database server and what could be the issue for Job not running on Database server ?

Thanks

Best Regards,

CK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My issue is resolved. I have logged in to database server and from there in SM36, I have defined job and exec target server I have given my DB server and relesed it. And it has run on DB Server only. I am not sure what was the issue as earlierr job was defined by application user.

Issue resolved. Thanks for all your help.

Take care

Best Regards,

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear CK,

when you defining BGD job, you can set in where server (DB or apps server) you want to run this job. all you have to do is to fill field "EXEC.TARGET" in SM36 with suitable server where you want to run BGD job.

rgds,

AG

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alfonso,

if you read his message then you will see that he has done that. His problem is, that this doesn't work.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have chekced the parameter rdisp/btcname in DEFAULT profile and it is pointing to the database server.

Is this the reason for not running batch job on database server ? If I have to run on Database server, should I change the settings ? or is there any other alternate to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for the help and support.

Take care

Best Regards,

CK

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the parameter

rdisp/btcname

on the application server points to the instance name of the database server.

--

Markus