Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic removal of authorization profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear board,

I am aware that I am able to do a scheduled comparison for assigned roles and profiles with the Time_Dependency report. My requirement is somehow different, as I'd like to remove only profiles which do not fit to the assigned roles only.

For example, if the profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW are added to a user account, which have no corresponding role, I'd like to have them automatically cleaned for some user accounts.

It would be great if you could help me with my request.

Kind regards and many thanks,

R.

Message was edited by:

Hösl Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program you refer to - RHAUTUPD_NEW - will only work with roles to remove them if they have expired based upon the date specified for the role in SU01.

It will not work on profiles.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hösl,

I'm not aware of a utility that will remove directly assigned profiles from specific users automatically. You may need to develop an ABAP or do the cleanup manually.

If there is something out there I would be interested.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program you refer to - RHAUTUPD_NEW - will only work with roles to remove them if they have expired based upon the date specified for the role in SU01.

It will not work on profiles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear board,

thanks for the replies so far. Any other ideas?

Kind regards and many thanks,

R.