Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out ESS source code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

EP7.0 SP11 ESS1.0 ERP2005, NW2004s.

NWDI is installed successfully and two tracks are created according to the NWDI cookbook for ESS. Development configuration is imported into NWDS. Here our NWDI DEV system is used as local J2EE engine in NWDS for local test purposes.

I also created a project under <b>InActive DCs</b> views in NWDS. In the web dynpro perspective I could see the source of the applications (ex. DC ess~ben). I have read in the forums to check out the source code. Here I do not see any option to check out!! where will I see the option?

when a new project is created in Inactive Dcs view, it should ask for creating an activity, but this did not happen!! should i create a activity in DTR perspective?

it seems to me i can make the changes in the inactive dcs and then activate them later and deploy into local j2ee engine (here NWDI DEV) for test purposes. Is it ok?

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WebDynpro should automatically check-out source files if you want to modify something.

If you are not asked for an activity: Or you logged on? You didn't accitdentally check the checkbox "keep local for now" when creating a new DC? Or do you have an activity that is marked as default activity so the NWDS automatically added the files to that activity without an explicit dialog?

Making changes, activating them later and deploying locally built (inactive) deployables into a local/test J2EE engine does make perfect sense to me. You are testing before you commit your changes and publish them to you colleagues (to switch language a bit). Sounds OK to me.

Regards,

Marc