cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cXML Extrinsic Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We are planning to use cXML to exchange order data with a third party using XI.

I have import cXML OrderRequest xsd into XI.

We have a requirement to exchange some patient specific data as part of the order. Since there are no specific elements in cXML for that, we thought of extending Extrinsic node to create a custom heirarchy node within it to capture all patient data.

Something like this

<Extrinsic name = "Patient">

<FirstName/>

<LastName/>

<ID/>

<PostalAddress>

<Street/>

<City/>

<State/>

<Country/>

</PostalAddress>

</Extrinsic>

How can I enhance the imported cXML XSD in XI so that I can represent the above structure for Extrinsic?

Did anyone have any similar experience and how would you suggest I do this?

Your help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Regards

Haseeb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haseeb,

Why cxml ....what was the deciding factor in making that decision, i do understand that this is healthCare related thats why. i am looking for a technical answer to understand the evaluation.

enhancement of cXML with extrinsic elements and getting them recognized might have some issues, including performance which have not really been analyzed considering usage is not much.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

There are 3 factors that are influencing our decision to use cXML.

1. As you said, we are healthcare concern and cXML apparently is a widely used standard in our industry.

2. We have a successfuly punchout implementation using cXML. We didnt have to deal with extrinsic elements for it.

3. We need to pick up a standard and stick to it as much as possible and since we have already implemented cXML, why not stick with it unless we have a good reason not to.

I have 2 questions for you

1. How would you enhance it?

2. What are the issues that we may have outside of performance?

Again, thank you for your reply and hoping you or other gurus on this forum can help me in sorting this out.

Regards

Haseeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your cXML a Source or Target?

If it is the target then in the mapping simply duplicate the extrinsic field and it should work.

Regards,

Kumar.

P.S: Reward points if helpful!!!!

Answers (0)