cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the main diff between the IDOC, RFC,PROXY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client is getting data from external system(in flat files and oracal database), he wants post the data in HR/Payroll in R3 side, between XI and RW what kind of adapater we do use , is it IDOC , RFC PROXY.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if u have a standard IDOC then use IDOC,RFC are usualy used in sync scenarios.

use proxy is u want better performance and you dont have a standard IDOC or RFC.in proxy you require custom coding

just my view,others might not agree to this:)

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for ur information, can u explain me with any examples when do we go for IDOC, RFC, PROXY.

thanks,

dhanush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

just a small example suppose you want to post sales orders then you can use ORDERS05 IDOC,suppose you want to fetch some company details then you can use BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAILS but suppose you want to get/post some custom data then you can use proxy.

first of all you need to make sure what type of data you are getting and will a standard IDOC or RFC will solve your purpose,if not then u can go for proxy.

WE60 on R/3 side will give u documentation about IDOC's

thanx

Aamir

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typical scenario..

Connection between r/3 and XI, generally use iDoc`s or if it is an incremental update use ale distribution.

If there is a ton of stuff and that might cause 1000k idoc`s to be sent then it might be a good idea to use smthing cheaper from a performance standpoint. thats when we go for rfc or proxy.

Again from proxy viewpoint......not much difference between abap and java...from the way it works..just ease of use..defines the proxy used..java background ..use java proxy..

Regards

Ravi Raman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhanush,

Just check this thread ...then you will understand to Choose the Right Adapter to integrate with SAP systems

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Regards,

Ramana.