SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, and SAP_JTECHS and Dev Configuration questions
I am configuring NWDI for our environment and have a few questions that I'm trying to get my arms around.
I've read we need to check-in SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, and SAP_JTECHS as required components, but I'm confused on the whole check-in vs. import thing.
I placed the 3 files in the correct OS directory and checked them in via the check-in tab on CMS. Next, the files show up in the import queue for the DEV tab. My questions are what do I do next?
1. Do I import them into DEV? If so, what is this actually doing? Is it importing into the actual runtime system (i.e. DEV checkbox and parameters as defined in the landscape configurator for this track)? Or is just importing the file into the DEV buildspace of NWDI system?
2. Same question goes for the Consolidation tab. Do I import them in here as well?
3. Do I need to import them into the QA and Prod systems too? Or do I remove them from the queue?
Development Configuration questions ***
4. When I download the development configuration, I can select DEV or CON workspace. What is the difference? Does DEV point to the sandbox (or central development) runtime system and CONS points to the configuration runtime system as defined in the landscape configurator? Or is this the DEV an CON workspace/buildspace of the NWDI sytem.
5. Does the selection here dictate the starting point for the development? What is an example scenarios when I would choose DEV vs. CON?
6. I have heard about the concept of a maintenance track and a development track. What is the difference and how do they differ from a setup perspective? When would a Developer pick one over the over?
Thanks for any advice