cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call a url i-view with parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to make a portal navigation in a absolute way. This call should open a url-iview. In this iview the main url string is placed. Further more, a url-parameter ("test") is placed with a standard value. Now, i want to call this iview (see the call below) and hand over the value of this url-parameter. But how could this be done? In the following way, it doesn`t work. The iView will be called but the parameter is not settet.

Call:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(

"ROLES://portal_content/de.dbag.dbag-f/de.dbag.optitechpro.connection_monitor-f/com.dbag.iViews-f/com.dbag.urltest-i",

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,

(String) null,

(String) null,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,

(String) null,

(String) null,

"test=NUIBI");

best regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mathias

Try this

1) First right click on the iView you wish to open and click Open -> Object

2) In the iView editor you will see:

url parameter : The parameter identifier as recognized by the information source

value: The value of the parameter

type: The data type

personalize:Define if portal end users can view the param and its assigned value and if they can personalize the iView at runtime

display name: The display name for the parameter identifier

3) Once you have defined the iView’s URL to the targeted Web page, you may need to configure parameters that are passed to the information source as part of the URL .

4) The parameter name is something that shouldn’t be changed because it is recognized by the information source .

5) The parameter value can be changed.

6) The type specifies data type of the parameter. String: Apply this option for all data types whose property is for example, an integer or string. Mapped User and Mapped Password : Apply this option when the URL parameter requires authentication with the information source at runtime.

7) The Personalization -specifies whether or not portal end users can view the parameter and its assigned value if they personalize the iView at runtime.

Hidden: The end user does not see the parameter and its value. This is the default setting.

Read/Write: The end user sees the parameter and is able to modify its value.

Read Only: The end user sees the parameter and the fixed value assigned to it. The end user cannot modify the parameter value.

😎 The display name - specifies an intuitive display name for the parameter identifier. If you set the parameter to be viewable by end users at runtime, this name is displayed instead of the parameter identifier, which is often abbreviated and unintuitive. This attribute is available only if Read/Write or Read Only is selected in the Personalize attribute

9) The Request method:

Get – appends parameters to the URL when the data request is sent to the information source. The server receives the data in one long query string, which typically limits the length of parameters that can be passed.

Post - sends parameters for the URL in the header of the data request stream (parameters are not appended to the URL). This allows for long parameters to be passed to a script and parsed one element at a time. POST is only supported when the Fetch Method property defined in the iView is set to Server-side

Regards

Pratyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partyush,

thank you for you detailed explanation about url i-views. But unfortunatelly, this doesn`t hit my problem. Now, I understand the options in this i-view type.

But I don`t understand, how i could bring my value for the url parameter from my web dynpro application into the url-iview object by using the portal navigation.

How must the last parameter in the navigateAbsolute()-Method has to be written?

best regards, Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Were you able to solve the problem? I am not able to use absolute navigation and set the parameter.

Can you please update?

Regards,

Dale

Answers (0)