cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to post to consumption account in sales order creation

0 Kudos

Dear Members:

It's a struggle for a while, that I am getting error - "not possible to determine consumption account" , "the system was not able to determine a consumption account for purchase order item with acc assignment" and suggresting to address "GBB" posting key- while creating sales order in VA01.

This is when generating sales order for make-to-order BOM item with header-item item categories as TAQ-TAE with sched. line "CS" attached to TAE (forcing it to generate purchase requisition). Also I have GL accounts entered for GBB posting key in AUF/BSA/VKA.

Could someone please give clue where I am going wrong - appreciate very much.

Thanks

Atanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atanu

Have you checked in <b>OMS2</b> where you need to select the boxes "<b>Qty.updating</b>" and "<b>Value updating</b>" for the combination of Plant and Material Type.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had also faced the same problem.Please do the following,

Logistics - General> Material Master> Basic Settings> Material Types> Define Attributes of Material Types

You will reach to this screen

Select the Material type and check for the Quantity /value update for the material type.

I maen here you should put tick mark infront of your plant.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Shrikant

0 Kudos

Hi :

If this isn't in place, could I make GR/GI ?- This problem I was facing, while generating Sales Order for a particular scenerio I described in my first mail - it is nothing to do with all these generic customizations.

Thanks

Atanu

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atanu

I dont know why you are so harsh in your replies. In your second response, you had indicated "<i>I appreciate if you could answer from your experience - rather than being generic</i>" and now "<i>If this isn't in place, could I make GR/GI</i> ?".

If you keep questioning the forum members like this, you wont get any response !!!

When you post a question in this forum, you should have the patience to clarify each and everybody's doubts. No person would have handled all types of issues and we are all only in the learning stage.

I sincerely hope henceforth, the replies would be polite.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I hope this can help you. I have the similar pb before with 3rd party sales order which creates purchase requisition.

1. Please check your Schedule Line Categories "CS" in VOV6, write down field "Acct.assig.cat." value for this schedule line categories

2. Go to "Material Management - Purchasing - Account Assignment - Maintain Account Assignment Categories " and check field "Acct modification" value

3. Go to OBYC, double click on GBB, add entries with "General modification" value exactly with the same value with what you found in point 2.

I made a mistake in OBYC before, I mistyped a character for "General modification" field

I hope it can help U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain valuation class in MM02 ACCOUNTING TAB

0 Kudos

All these have been done and even after that I am getting the error I posted in my question - if you know from your experience of generating Sales Order for such a BOM item - cuold you please let me know ?

Thanks

Atanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This error because of Missing of Valuation area. Pls follow this 2 steps:

1. Menu path: IMG(SPRO), Material Managament, Valuation & Account Assignment, Account Determination, Account Determination without Wizard, Group Together Valuation Area, Maintain Valuation grouping code as 0001 to your plant.

2. Maintain the Valuation Class at Material Master, accounting tab.

If you follows this steps, it will automatically determine consumption account.

Reward if it helps

Regards

Prasanna R

0 Kudos

Hi :

When I said in my question that I have GL accounts entered for GBB posting key under AUF/BSA/VKA - don't you think, I followed the steps you suggested ?

I appreciate if you could answer from your experience - rather than being generic.

Thanks

Atanu