cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeous system copy (backup/restore) target system prep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to create new SAP instance by homogeneous system copy. The source system is window/oracle NW.70 SR2.

Since my server spec is weak I would like to do it by homogeneous system copy (Backup/Restore).

I have been reading the system copy document for NW7.0 SR2 from service market place and it is not really clear for me...

what needs to be done in target box before starting SA Pinst.exe menue under life cycle management?

Do I have to install SAP in normal way before I start doing homogeneous copy tasks?

Or just install oracle/JDK then copy oracle files at the timing of SAP inst.exe tell me?

(I do understand from the document, i need to generate files using orabrcopy.bat. and other things needs to be checked in source system.)

Sorry for posting such basic question but really appreciate your help.

if you have or know the source of good guide for homogeneous sytem copy pls let me know.

regards

Makoto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

trying to keep it short.

>>what needs to be done in target box before starting SA Pinst.exe menue under life cycle management?

>>Do I have to install SAP in normal way before I start doing homogeneous copy tasks?

on the target box you follow the normal installation guide for planing and preparing the system. When starting SAPInst you then use the installation services under <i>Additional Software Life-Cycle Tasks/System Copy</i> instead of the standard <i>SAP Systems</i>.

>>Or just install oracle/JDK then copy oracle files at the timing of SAP inst.exe tell me?

see above. only the System Copy version of the Database Instance installation will stop at the right point asking you to copy/restore the database files.

hope this helps.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply.

Just for curiosity though, is there any quicker way for building homogeneous copy??

Former Member
0 Kudos

well,

after reading the documentation and understanding it, doing is quite faster.

peter

former_member204746
Active Contributor

Answers (0)