cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Welcome application according tutorial and selected "Deploy new archive and run". Deployment aborted and getting an error (see below).

What's the problem?

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the thread below

hope that helps.

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I found the solution to the problem

The Reason

The administrator user's password is not only stored in the active user store, but also in secure storage in the file system so that certain applications such as the Software Deployment Manager (SDM) can use it to connect to the J2EE Engine.

Therefore, when you change the administrator user's password in the user store, you must also update the entry in secure storage in the file system. Otherwise, the SDM attempts to connect to the J2EE Engine using the old password and you receive the error message mentioned above.

Solution

Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool.

(Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir> \configtool\configtool.bat.)

1. Select the secure store node.

The configuration for the secure storage in the file system appears.

1. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

2. Enter the administrator user's new password in the "Value" field and choose "Add".

3. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save the data.

1. Finally restart SDM server. Enjoy!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you execute the configtool.bat directly from window exploer?

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem (com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: Cannot authenticate the user.) when trying to deploy any EAR file from NWDS or SDM.

Can anyone confirm that the password <b>must be</b> the same in SDM, Visual Admin and Secure Store (Config Tool) ? Also, username and passwords have to be the same in Visual Admin <b>and in</b> Secure Store ?

Edit: <b>solved</b>, the username and password between Visual Admin and Secure Store must match.

Message was edited by: Francois Gendebien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having exactly the same problem:

-

Jan 10, 2005 2:20:07 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[003]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : BC354305

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/d:/DOCUME1/kamaba0a/LOCALS1/Temp/temp40349Welcome.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/d:/DOCUME1/kamaba0a/LOCALS1/Temp/temp40349Welcome.ear

Aborted: development component 'Welcome'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.01.10.14.20.05':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [BC354305] with user name: [Administrator] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: User not authorized.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

-

And I am able to connect to the J2EE Engine on host BC354305 with the admin tool using the Administrator's account and the password.

I have the following settings:

1. Windows > Preferences > Java development Infrastructure > Development Configuration pool = http://rolo:50400. (This is The JDI Server)

2. Windows > Preferences > SAP J2EE Engine = SAP J2EE Engine is installed on local host.

3. SDM and Admin passwords are the same "admin"

Thanks,

Bakor Kamal

Message was edited by: bakor kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

Error messages is below.

14.Mar.2004 16:33:20 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Deploy Thread] INFO:

Welcome.ear -> Additional log information about the deployment

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:17 PM Info: -

Starting deployment -

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:17 PM Info: Loading selected archives...

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:17 PM Info: Loading archive 'C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\temp\temp27923Welcome.ear'

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:17 PM Info: Selected archives successfully loaded.

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:17 PM Info: Actions per selected component:

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:17 PM Info: development component 'Welcome'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2004.03.14.16.33.13': deploy

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:18 PM Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not save current state of J2EE Engine now.

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:18 PM Info: Error handling strategy: OnErrorStop

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:18 PM Info: Update strategy: UpdateAllVersions

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:18 PM Info: Starting to execute deployment action (deploy) for "Welcome".

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:18 PM Info: SDA to be deployed: C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin\local\Welcome\LOKAL\0.2004.03.14.16.33.13\temp27923Welcome.ear

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:18 PM Info: Software type of SDA: J2EE

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:18 PM Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:19 PM Info: Begin of log messages of the target system:

04/03/14 16:33:18 - ***********************************************************

04/03/14 16:33:18 - Start updating EAR file...

04/03/14 16:33:18 - EAR file updated successfully for 270ms.

04/03/14 16:33:18 - Start deploying ...

04/03/14 16:33:19 - ERROR : com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [freddy] with UserName: [Administrator]

Check your Login Info.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Wrong security principles/credentials

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.setBroker(DeployManagerImpl.java:3516)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.makeNewConnection(DeployManagerImpl.java:3483)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.deployUpdateAction(DeployManagerImpl.java:589)

at com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerImpl.deploy(DeployManagerImpl.java:506)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performDeployment(EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.java:167)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineDeployerImpl.deploy(EngineDeployerImpl.java:97)

at com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.EngineProcessor.executeAction(EngineProcessor.java:216)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.impl.PhysicalDeploymentActionExecutor.execute(PhysicalDeploymentActionExecutor.java:63)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.impl.DeploymentActionImpl.execute(DeploymentActionImpl.java:181)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.controllers.internal.impl.DeploymentExecutorImpl.execute(DeploymentExecutorImpl.java:51)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.eventhandler.ExecuteDeploymentHandler.executeAction(ExecuteDeploymentHandler.java:83)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.eventhandler.ExecuteDeploymentHandler.handleEvent(ExecuteDeploymentHandler.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.StateBeforeNextDeployment.processEvent(StateBeforeNextDeployment.java:72)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.InstContext.processEventServerSide(InstContext.java:85)

at com.sap.sdm.app.proc.deployment.states.InstContext.processEvent(InstContext.java:71)

at com.sap.sdm.app.sequential.deployment.impl.DeployerImpl.doPhysicalDeployment(DeployerImpl.java:122)

at com.sap.sdm.app.sequential.deployment.impl.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.java:91)

at com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.local.DeployProcessorImpl.deploy(DeployProcessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.remoteproxy.server.impl.RemoteProxyServerImpl.requestRemoteCall(RemoteProxyServerImpl.java:127)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.remoteproxy.server.impl.RemoteProxyServerImpl.process(RemoteProxyServerImpl.java:38)

at com.sap.sdm.apiimpl.remote.server.ApiClientRoleCmdProcessor.process(ApiClientRoleCmdProcessor.java:81)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.session.server.SessionCmdProcessor.process(SessionCmdProcessor.java:66)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.cmd.server.CmdServer.execCommand(CmdServer.java:76)

at com.sap.sdm.client_server.launch.ServerLauncher$ConnectionHandlerImpl.handle(ServerLauncher.java:293)

at com.sap.sdm.is.cs.ncserver.NetCommServer.serve(NetCommServer.java:44)

at com.sap.bc.cts.tp.net.Worker.run(Worker.java:49)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

04/03/14 16:33:19 - ***********************************************************

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:19 PM Info: End of log messages of the target system.

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:19 PM Info: ***** End of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:19 PM Error: Execution of deployment action for "Welcome" aborted:

Caught exception during application deployment from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy API:

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [freddy] with UserName: [Administrator]

Check your Login Info.

Exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NoPermissionException: Exception during getInitialContext operation. Wrong security principles/credentials

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).DMEXC)

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:20 PM Error: Deployment NOT successful for Welcome

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:20 PM Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not restore state of J2EE Engine now.

Mar 14, 2004 4:33:20 PM Error: -

At least one of the Deployments failed -

RenaldWittwer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Altua,

I had the same Problem. The Problem is that the SDM cannot connect to your Host.

Look at the message "ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [freddy] with UserName: [Administrator]".

If you start the configtool (../J2E/JC00/J2EE/configtool/configtool.bat) go to the point secure store and change the "admin/password/J2E" to the password of the Administrator of your system.

My password was initial, it seems that this doesn't work.

After that change the deployment was successfully.

Good Luck!

Renald Wittwer

(Renald.Wittwer@in-con.de)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Right after I deploy the Administrators group gets all their passwords reset to god knows what.

Once I get this error I go to Visual Admin and try to log in using Administrator or any user from Administrators group. <b>Passwords for all user from Administrators group are reset!!!</b> Of course I can go through the hassle of resetting the passwords. But how do I avoid this problem from happenning in the first place????

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that I am working with WebAS 6.40 and I have the license key installed. Am I missing anything else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi renald,

i am currently installing the netweaver 6.40 on windows.

The problem is the same that you had "Cannot connect to Host: [starlight] with UserName: [Administrator]".", it occurs during the installation.

What do you mean with password? The operating system password or the netweaver masterpassword?

yow did you restart the cluster?

thanks in advance for your help

markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renald,

I have the same problem - cannot connect to you host. with UserName: Administrator.

As suggested I have use the configtool to set the password of admin/password/J2E to the Administrator password of the host system.

On restarting the installation, I'm still getting the same error message. I'm I misssing something. Your help and expertise will be much appreciated.

Regards

Raghu.Kandukuri

raghu.kandukuri@chelfordgroup.com