cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring EP Connectivity to BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to configure the Portal to allow me to use Web Application Designer. I have run the Template Installer and I am testing the connectivity.

The 'SAP Web AS Connection' and 'ITS Connection' both succeed, but the 'Connection Test for Connectors' fails with message:

Retrieval of default alias successful

Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly

I had configured SSO as described in the NW2004s Installation Guide but no more than that. Any ideas how I can figure out what the problem is? Are their logs that I could view?

Thanks

Al.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lakshmi_narayana2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

McEwan

Please look at the following links from SAP help docs. It explains what is the significance of the values "0,1,2" for the profile parameter "login/create_sso2_ticket" and also the process to import portal certificate.

The value '0' means it does not create any logon tickets

The value '1' means it creates certificate and that the certificate is signed by SAP CA.

The value '2' means it creates certificate that the certificate is self-signed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/62/831640b7b6dd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Thanks

Lakshmi

Award points if helpful !!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks this connection test works now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now receiving another error. I am not clear whether I am past the first error or I have introduced another. The error I am seeing is:

"User J2EE_ADMIN has no RFC authorization for function group SYST"

I am seeing this in the dev_jrfc.trc file in:

usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0

and I am also seeing this error in the "Connection Tests for the Connector Framework and/or JCO" portlet.

Thanks

Al.

lakshmi_narayana2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

McEwan

Please make sure that your j2EE_Admin user exists in backend and also give him all authorizations, It is clear from the error message that J2EE_Admin user doesn't have authorization.For testing purpose give "SAP_ALL" and SAP_NEW to this user. Your test connection will pass

Thanks

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

Check to see if these profile parameters are set

login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1

login/create_sso2_ticket = 2

Also check whether the portal certificate is added to the ACL using transaction STRUSTSSO2.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read in a document that login/create_sso2_ticket should be 0. Please could you confirm?

Also, in STRUSTSSO2 I have a certificate listed in the 'System PSE' section but nothing in the 'Certificate' or 'Logon Ticket' sections. Should I?

Thanks

Al.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have uploaded the portal certificate it should show in the "Certificate List" section.

Select it and click on the "Add to Certificate List" and " Add to ACL" buttons.

If you havent imported the verify.der certificate, import and then do the above steps.

You would also need to set the login/create_sso2_ticket paramter to 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can click on the certificate in the list but it does not let me add it below. It says "No certificate selected". Any idea why?

Also, I do not have a file called "verify.der" (or verify.cer) is that spelling correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First check if the certificate is imported. If imported you will see a certificate with the "system id" of portal in the certificate list,

If you double click on the certificate in the "certificate list", it should show up in the "certificate" table. Then clicking on the "Add to ACL" should work.

If you havent imported it you would need to import the verify.der file which contains the portal certificate. You can download it through

System Administration-> System Configuration->Keystore Administration.

Then go to STRUSTSSO2 and click on the menu Certificate->Import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, thanks. It was not clear how to select the certificate.

OK, I have clicked "Add to ACL" and saved.

I have set login/create_sso2_ticket = 2 and restarted.

My test still says "Connection failed. Make sure that Single Sign-On is configured correctly".

Any other ideas?

Thanks

al.

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Take a look at these notes: 983156 - 917950

Regards,

Luciano