cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configurator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring materials using one configurable material with a Base UM of SY. I need to be able to convert this UM to LB or LY, etc in a Quote Document for costing in the unit of measure. Adding to the complexity I have certain characteristic values that do not allow me to use the Units of Measure to set conversion in the Basic Data of the Material Master.

Examples are:

SLIT_ROLLS is my config mat.

MAT_TYPEB is my material type

MAT_THICKNESSB is my material thickness

Certain combinations of MAT_TYPEB & MAT_THICKNESSB have different conversion rates of SY to LB

MAT_TYPEB MAT_THICKNESS CONV. RATE

NMX410 .005 4.77 SY/LB

NMX410 .007 3.16 SY/LB

NMX411 .010 6.61 SY/LB

Please help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One cannot change the UM until n unless stock is zero and to change in condition of zero it is better to change sales unit of measure only or u can set conversion formula for UM. For eg. One set = 50 pcs.

Pls gv points if helpful.

regards

Ajit Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The characteristic-value calculaiton and conversion is one issue: this you'll have to write a Function Module (look up Procedures Variant functions)

Probably your bigger problem is the material master / Sales unit of measure conversion, that I can't provide an answer for with the level of detail provided, and would have to play around with a lof of IMG config to figure that on out

Bill