cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data lost after navigating to other iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two web dynpro iviews iview1 and iview2 in portal.

Iview1 has link for navigating to iview2.

I am using following code for navigation :

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("<<url>>",WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE,WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.ALLOW_DUPLICATIONS,<<parameters>>);

User can navigate back to iview1 by clicking 'Back' button in iview2.

However, this results in loss of any unsaved data, like search result, in iview1.

When I change WDPortalNavigationMode to SHOW_HEADERLESS_PORTAL unsaved data is not lost but iview opens in new window.Same is the case with setting work protect mode to STANDARD.

Can we preserve unsaved data while navigating to other iview in the same window?Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Apurva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash

I cant do that as two iview corrosponds to applications in different projects.So,I am using portal navigation.

Thanks,

Apurva

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are correct with portal navigation we cannot use Controllers.

In that case the best approach could be using Interface Controller where you pass all the data from View1 to View2 before navigating and on Back action remap the values to interface controller so that you can see the same data again.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried changing work protect mode to STANDARD, but with this iview is opened in new window and not in same window.

I need to display second iview in same window according to business requirements.

Regards,

Apurva

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you map these fileds to Component Controller? So that data is available even naviagated to different view.

Regards

Abhilash