cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup strategy for MDM server/catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are installing a complete SRM landscape (DEV, QAS and PRD) with the MDM catalog !

I would like to know how we can backup the MDM catalog because i didn't find any explication for this in the installation guides, neither on service.sap.com !

Any experience with this ?

Best regards,

Marc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is CLIX part of the SRM Box ? If so, on which cd can i find it please ?

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, CLIX is installed separately from the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where is this CLIX command located on the server ?

When i type CLIX in a cmd box i receive an error message that the file does not exist.

Regards,

Marc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

It's "where you installed it".

Typically, it's in %Server_path%\CLIX - e.g. "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SAP MDM 5.5\CLIX".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

You should also take a look into this HowTo guide:

"How to Transport Master Data Management (MDM) Objects Between MDM 5.5 Systems"

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20751e78-f81f-2a10-228f-eb3a1642...

Kind regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Along with the way to archive a repository through the console, there is a possibility to run backup (archive) in batch mode.

Please, refer to the SAP MDM Console eference Guide. MDM Server and MDM Console do have command line interface.

Hope, this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

For Backing up of Data you should create Archive of the Repository.

1. In Console Right Click on the Required repository and Select "Archive Repository" from the Context Menu. This will create an .a2a file of the repository in the <b>Archives</b> folder of your MDM Server. The archive will contain all your data, validations etc.

2. Copy in this archive and then after you set up the landscape put this Archived file in <b>Archives</b> folder of your MDM Server.

3. Then Go to Console Right Click on the Mounted Server and Select "Unarchive Repository" from the Context Menu. Give the DBMS Server Credentials and then Select the "Archive" file from the list and Give it a "Repository Name"and Click on Finish.

Please revert if you have any queries.

Thanks and Regards,

<b>Sagar Sonje

Mark Helpful Answers</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marc,

One way to handle this is to Archive the repository. This will provide you with the backup you require and it can also be unarchived onto your other systems.

You can find further information in the Console Reference Guide under the section for Repository Administration.

<a href="http://service.sap.com/installMDM">MDM Reference Guides</a>

Thanks,

Tim