Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Browser in the output of Report and save the text entered in browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a requirement that i has to show the web browser in the output of the basic list and i has to save the text entered in the web browser and not the URL.

For example.

if i am displaying the web browser in the basic list of my report.

i am having a field to give the URL and i will the give the URL as WWW.GOOGLE.COM and press enter, then the web page will be loaded in the basic list. i am entering some text in the search area .

let the text may be "SAP-ABAP".

now i has to save the text "SAP-ABAP" in to my database.

So , if you have any suggestions please reply to this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phani.

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

See example program SAPHTML_EVENTS_DEMO

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hello Rich Heilman,

Thanks for the reply

I already had seen this example.

In the program,what you gave fields are defined and push button is given and when we write some thing in the field and press get data or post data the values in the fields are getting concatenated with the text and they are displayed and reagrding the push buttons if i press the push buttons , text will be passed into the fields and it will be displayed in the corresponding fields.

This example doesn't suit to my requirement and my requirement is that if i had entered some text in the google search area.

i hs to retrieve the text entered by me and i have to save it to my database.

Thanks & Regards,

Phani.

0 Kudos

Of course there is not going to be any specific example which has been taylored to your exact requirement, which is why you should be looking outside the box. The reason I suggested that program is so that you can see how to allow the user to access a web page and enter a value, and then allow the application server to access this value, which of course can then be stored on the database.

As for you exact requirement, if you are looking to specifically throw a browser with www.google.com in the browswer and have the user enter a value in the search, and then expect that this value be returned to the application which was entered, I don't see a clean/easy way to do this. Why? Because once the user is veiwing google in the browser, it is now out of your control, because that page is not running on your server. Not if google had some API, that would be a different story.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I need to develop a program to store the carted goods by the user while he is shopping in the internet and to display the list of the carted goods finally.

But is their any other way to do this .if you found any way please suggest me for

the problem what i had.

Can you give me some info regarding the API & about the API for google or any other webpages .

Does API exist for each and every website or i can use the same API for all the webpages?

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Phani