cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove 'Not assigned'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In my Bex query, fields which have no data are displayed as 'Not assigned'. How can I remove 'Not assigned' so the field is displayed empty?

Many thanks,

Nick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just select the field,go to Properties(context menu).

Select "Not assigned"-->Context menu->(select)Exclude from selection.

Now Execute the query.

So all the data having "Not assigned " value will not display.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi,

What do I select the field in? Excel or Bex? I am using bex broadcast?

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using BEx .

Then go to Query designer,

Select the field where you need to remove the "Not assigned" value.

Now select that field restrict the field (By context menu),Then Exclude the "Not Assigned" values.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tulasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tulasi,

I have tried that but instead of just removing the 'Not assigned' value it excludes the whole row from the report. I still want to view all the data, I just want to replace the 'not assigned' with a blank value. Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can do that by changing a text element in the SAP standard program (this is a modification!).

in SE38, SAPLRRSV, menu goto, text elements, symbols, symbol 027...

change it to an empty value....

I believe you'll never see again a "not assigned" in your reporting....

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for you reply. If I remove 'Not assigned' from SE38 will this effect any other areas where this text element is used? Or is it only used for reporting?

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, don't remove the record! just delete the text...

The best way to figure this out is to test it.... It could affect other areas but I think it will just display a <empty text> instead of "not assigned" in your reports...

I would test this change by entering something like "TESTING TEXT SYMBOL 027" in your dev system...

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers for all your replies.

We ended up placing a space in the master data for a blank record. This seems to have worked, but will have to be done each time we upload. Will probably end up doing it the same way as Olivier stated once we have tested it in DEV.

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether your problem has been solved or not, but I have a solution for this issue. In your Bex query designer 7.0 go to query properties and select Value display tab..ther you can set a property called Zero Value display...Zero as space...this worked for me.

Regards,

Nagesh.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the idea of Lashan Wanigatunga I adapted and refined the script to get empty cells instead of "#" (with 7.0).

You can copy the if-clause to replace every string you want, too.

Would like to post it, but i get:

Method Not Implemented

POST to /edit.jspa not supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

still not working to post ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got the same issue. Need to display space or NA instead of "Not assigned" or # in BI WAD 7.X.

Using script or any?

Any ideas please guide me.

Thanks,

KN

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best solution i can think of is use the Authorisation Concept and assign the Authorisation value as #. This will solve the issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

The way I can think of to change 'unassigned' to something else is:

In BEx Analyzer Change Query:

Select the object, right click

select properties

In the 'PRoperties of the Selection/Formula' window

change the 'Description' in the field/dropdown (you may create a new description too)

That new description will show in the report header in place of unassigned. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've included the following javascript code in the web template to get around this. Obviously this will only work if you are displaying the reports using Web Analyzer. This is mainly for the values in the table. You might need to modify the code slightly to include drop-downs as well.

<!-- script to replace blank data in BW with space -->

<SCRIPT>

window.onload=Init

function Init()

{

var Elements=document.getElementsByTagName('TD');

for(var i=0;i<Elements.length;i++)

{

var str=Elements.innerText;

var found=str.search(/Not assigned/)

if ((found >=0 || str=='#') && str.length<50)

{

Elements.innerHTML =' '

}

}

Elements=null

}

</SCRIPT>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

Where would I put this Java Script?

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

You can include the code within the <body> tag of the web template. Are you using WAD to create the web templates and what version of BW are you on?

Regards,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cheers Lashan but I am using query designer and dispalying it through bex web, so it wont work. Version is BI 7.0.

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I haven't had much experience with BI 7.0. What I basically did was opened up the 0ANALYZER template and included the javascript code there, so that bex web analyzer will process the code (i.e. I don't need to include it in every web template I create). Shouldn't be too different for BI 7.0 since you still have access to WAD... and if you are going to display the queries on the web you would need to create web templates using WAD (right?)

Cheers,

Lashan

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to add this code into the "Script" Web Item.

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lashan,

I have added the code to 0Analyzer like you have stated, but when I preview bex it does not appear to be working. I am putting the script in the <body> as you have stated.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this macro in Analyzer 7.0

totalrows = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count

totalcolumn = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Columns.Count

For Row = 1 To totalrows

For Column = 1 To totalcolumn

If Cells(Row, Column).Value = "Not Assigned" Then

Cells(Row, Column)=" "

End If

Next column

Next Row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

This did work for me on version 3.5, maybe it could be due to some difference in 7.0. It could also be an error in javascript if you modified the code. I would suggest doing the following in order to test this out.

1. Save the report from BEx as an html file and apply the code to confirm that the syntax for the javascript is correct.

2. Add a simple javascript (document.write statement for example) which you know to be working to the 0ANALYZER template to confirm that javascript code that you enter here is being picked up.

Cheers,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I appreciate your post on this topic and implementedd your suggetion with WAD 7.01 and created a script element with the jscript the assigned in template z0analysis_pattern that we have assigned as the default for webanalyzer.

I restarted the cluster server and still no luck. A charachteristic that has no value still shows as # Unassigned.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lee Lewis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is not possible except entering (maitaining master data for each IObj with RSDMD) a master data ID with empty key.

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

You can filter those characteristics in query desing by filtering #(not assigned records shown with is character) records. Or you can create a condition to remove # records from rows.

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarhan,

How do I filter it or create the condition?

Thanks,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

In the update rules you will have to make a routine or formula that replaces "Initial" values with a dummy value that contains blancs as a description.

In all charcteristics you will have to add that dummy value.

But I don't think you want this

Udo