cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transport namespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have strange problem, We are unable to transport single namespace, Instead CMS Moves whole component with all the namespace available under it.

XI is running on PI 7.0 (SP10).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try wid file export.

Regards

sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u mean you have to Transport only Name space with out all componets.

I dont think it is possible.

Reward points if usefull.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, Transport only SINGLE namespace Instead of all the namespaces available under same component,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No

it is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean to say transport single namespace instead of all the namespaces available under component

Former Member
0 Kudos

you canot transport Name space.

have to delete that existing name space and create new one where ver you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can transport components of single namespace. Right click on the SWCV and choose Export. Then choose the file Transport and click Next, then from the drop down select All objects of Individual Namespace and continue.

Regards,

Kumar.

P.S: Reward Points if Helpful!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kumar, we had done same as you mentioned but it didnt work & it export all the namespace available under that component...!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

If you want to transport only the namespace without object associated with the namespace then it is not possible...

But why do you want to transport only the namspace without the objects underneath the namespace?

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Kumar, I want to transport namespace with all the object under it like datatypes, mapping programs etc.

And I used to transport like that on my previous project, Some how I dont know its not working on my current project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error you are getting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting any error? Can you send me that?

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No error reports during export or import.

Here are steps I perform on XI Development

--> Expand SWC --> select namesapce --> right click --> click on export --> transport using CMS --> object set is "<i><b>All objects of individual namespaces</b></i>"

Steps I performed to import on XI QA

--> Select XI Repository track --> Click on consolidation --> select the exported request --> import into consolidation

When I look at Repository screen of XI QA System...! All the unwanted namespaces are also get transported....

There is no error in whole process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure that you have deselected all the other unwanted namespaces.

Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

110% Sure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you try to transport using the File system and check if the transport is working or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If not ,,Create new Namespace in Different SWCV and try copying all objects of Old Name space to New.

it will work.

former_member185846
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Were you able to solve the namespace level transport issue? I'm facing the similar porblem with XI - File Transport.

We are using PI 7.0 SP 14.

Thanks,

Joe

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Rakesh,

Were u able to resolve this? I am also facing this problem. Please help!

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if there is a "Conflict" tag nearby "Design Objects" and "Change List" ones of your ESR?

Regards,

Giuseppe