Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User ID /Roles and LDAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to us our existing Active Directory and LDAP solution instead of leveraging the User / Roles in SAP. Is this possible? We see doing duplicate entry as a serious short coming on the SAP side. We have all our users and roles defined and we do not want to have to duplicate/maintain 2 sets of data. Is there anyother companies having this issue? How is the best way to resolve the duplicate entry for the users and roles?

Thanks,

Message was edited by:

John Waedekin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Yes, you can use Active Directory or LDAP or both to store the users and you don't need to have 2 sets of data. When you hookup the AD/LDAP as data store, SAP will take the users from that particular data store and store them into its cache to give access to the user. So work will not be duplicated and lot of companies will do the same thing. If your query is regarding the configuration steps for the procedure, please let me know. I will try to provide you sufficient info, if possible.

Farooq.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Yes, you can use Active Directory or LDAP or both to store the users and you don't need to have 2 sets of data. When you hookup the AD/LDAP as data store, SAP will take the users from that particular data store and store them into its cache to give access to the user. So work will not be duplicated and lot of companies will do the same thing. If your query is regarding the configuration steps for the procedure, please let me know. I will try to provide you sufficient info, if possible.

Farooq.