Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding the number Ranges

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to add some new number ranges in Training & events management for objects like D, E. An external and internal number range is also defined previously and I want to add a new range. Whenever I try to insert a new one, the system says that the interval already exists while my range is totally different from the one defined already in the system.

Points will be awarded for the helpful answer.

Regards

Waseem Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

In OONR, if you want to assign additional number range, you can define as per the object by using "PVOT" (say for 01 -active/current plan) and for "Object - D" use 01D and set the number range into that as it will only take "IN" and "EX" as the number range in each category.

Refer the IMG help on this node, it will be helpful to define the range properly.

Regards,

Dev

Message was edited by:

Devendra Sharda

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dev

Thanx for your reply. Actually in oonr, the subgroup also exists with the name of $$D and in that the number range also exist , both the internal and external, however, I want to add a new one to it and it displays a message that the interval already exist. while my interval is totally different from the one previously defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

just post what number range already exists and what range u r giving.

if u r giving a new range means that range of numbers should not bethere in the already existing range

like if a range exists like 1-----100000

if u r giving a range 999---19000 thinking it isa new range the system doesnot accept as these numbers are already included in the already existing range.

regards

nalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

As per IMG document for OONR---

You have the following options:

Internal number assignment

If you want the SAP System to assign the numbers, enter "IN" in the 'NR' field. The number ranges are then indicated by the letters "IN".

External number assignment

If you want the user to assign the numbers, enter "EX" in the 'NR' field. The number ranges are then indicated by the letters "EX".

So, if there is already a number range defined---we don't have much choice.

<b>But, if the existing number range in $$D is not in use, have you tried deleting it and adding your preffered one in with "IN" in No column?</b>

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRO --> TEM --> Basic Settings --> Number Range Maintenance --> Define Number Ranges for External Operations

Click on 'Change Intervals' button

Enter values and save

Please let us know if that is what you are looking for

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi dev

Actually the range in $$D is in use. and that is used by the French Subsidiary of our client. we are implementing Learning Solution for their US organization. In order to differentiate between the objects created in france and the ones in US, we want to define a seperate number range for the objects. This is the background.

I was able to create a new number range in OONR and named it as LS. while the two number ranges also exist for $$D ( EX, IN) .

Can there be more than one Internal/External number range for an object?

If yes, how would the system know, when to assign number from which number range?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

As there is no Feature to default the object number range as we have in case of Pernr(NUMKR) and applicant (NUMAP), the only way system recognises through 'IN' &"EX" in each category.

And if its already there, it won't take, anything more...

Only option, although, may not be very practical, which comes in my mind, you can use Internal for one and External for another...

I will update if anything else comes up...

Regards

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran,

Try what I have mentioned above ..

I think that is what you are looking for ..

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev

Ok, I got your point. Can we split the existing number range. Like if internal number range is from 1-1000 then can we split it like this, 1-500 France and 501-1000 USA.

Thanx for your detailed answers.

Regards

Waseem Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Even if you split it, how system will understand which one to assign to object (France) and which one to (USA), as it will understand only 'IN' & 'EX'.

So, you may give "IN" 1-500 for France and "EX" 501-1000 to USA, which I am not too sure, will be practical.

But other than identity, on what places will you need them seperately? In any reports or something else?

Regards,

Dev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just go to PA04, U can set accordingly Internally or externally, To add a new range U have to check the existing, and can add the range that is not added prior. and give a sequence no, the range and what it has to be set like automatically or externally. "The range which u specify should not be existing."

Regards

Asha