cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to go about Digital Signature/Encryption for Purchase Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We would like to send the Purchase Orders through E-Mail to suppliers in SAP. As per our legal department recommendations, we must implement the digital signature/Encryption mechanism in SAP prior to send the PO's through email.

I have no knowledge about available features, configuration requirements in SAP and required decryption machanism from Supplier side.

Appreciate, if you could share your expertise on the above requirements.

System details:

-

SAP : 4.7 (MySAP ERP)

WAS: 6:20 (Netweaver 2003 Oct)

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh

Sorry I was on leave... and just returned.. Thanks for the helpful materials... According to documentation, it seems that we need to have WAS 6:40 or higher version to avail the functionality.

We are currently with NW-2003 and WAS 6:20 R/3 4.7.

It is very confusing as no document explains in detail to understand pre-requisites and required configuration to send PO as encrypted e-mail through above system landscape.

Moreover, it seems that we need to go for third party product to encrypt the messages.... the question here is

1. How do we integrate third party software with SAP.

2. How do we archive the sent, encrypted electronic documents

3. Practically, not all the receiving parities are having public key certification... in this scenario how do they open received documents without having certification.

Appreciate, if you could tell the best way to Achieve my original requirements through the above mentioned system landscape.

Reg

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karun,

I know long time has passed, Did you go on implementing Digital signature on Purchase orders. Could give us all update in your experience?

Cheers

Answers (0)