Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR6 and How does it Fit in SRM-EBP

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm confused and have a headache researching this particular issue. ADR6 contain SMTP (E-mail Addresses). That's understood. Now for SRM to link to those addresses, I thought you have to use BUT000 and BUT052. That will give you the e-mail address for a Person linked to a particular organization unit. However, I have found that a took a particular person and found his e-mail 7 times in ADR6. Two with different Personel Numbers and five with no personel numbers. However, due to some rush, the ADR6 record I found linking the person to an organization had an xxx@... for an e-mail address.

So, I know a person via SU01 can have an entry in ADR6 and then in transaction BP, I believe you can set up and internal and external communication which can product 2 entries in ADR6. But what about the others? Why is this more complicated than it needs to be? Also, what address does EBP use?

Thank you in advance for any asistance and apologizes for venting.

Dean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to revive this thread from the dead as I too am facing a similar issue (emails going out to the wrong Approver for Shopping Cart approval). In our case, I have verified that the email on the Approvers SU01 is correct and BP are correct.

When I take the Approvers BP number from the Org. Structure and populate it in BUT000 to get the Person Number and populate the Person Number in ADR6, it does not pull the correct email address. Even stranger, when I use FM BBP_USER_CHANGE_FIELDS to update the entry, the system automatically changes it back overnight to the original incorrect entry.

My understanding is that there are several sources generating a Address Number and Person Number pairs in ADR6. Maintaining a email in SU01 and BP are the two primary ways. I have validated that these are both set up with the correct email. I am trying to find the alternate sources or how emails get populated in ADR6 and the links.

Also, I have validated that the email addresses linked to the person numbers that are linked to the User IDs in USR21 are correct, so it appears that the SRM/EBP workflow is not referrencing these.

I see several threads on this topic, but none have been answered. Hopefully we can finally put this one to bed. Thanks in advance for any input!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vincent,

don't know if this helps, that is how I find the e-mail addresses in SRM:

User:

ADR6 -> USR21 -> USR*

Business Partner

ADR6-> BUT020 -> BUT000

Central Person

HRP5585 (OTYPE = CP and SUBTY = 0010) -> HRP*

Regards,

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could use FM

BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL

Regards,

Lisandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lisandro/Claudio,

Thank you for your replies. What is odd about this is when I look at the value stored in ADDSMTP field from BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL. It shows the correct email after I change it via BBP_USER_CHANGE_FIELDS , but that isn't what is being pulled by the workflow. I think this is because the system is caching the email.

I still want to establish the link to how SRM links the Person Number from BUT000 ADR6. I believe that will lead me to the ultimate solution.

Thanks,

VL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I am not sure if I understand you right. Please note, that  a Person / Central Person or a  Business Partner or a User must not have the same email-address.

For e.g. Mr. Mike Muller

is Central Person (CP) 1234566

is Business Partner (BP) 3455544

is User GPC345544

If you want to find out the email-address:

User:                          Go to table USR21 and from there to table ADR6

Business Partner:      Go to table BUT020 and from there to table ADR6

Person/CP:                Go to table HRP1000 / HRP1001 and from there to HRP5585

The link between Person / Central Person, Business Partner and User you will find in table HRP1001.

I hope this might help.

best regards,

Claudio

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not answered.... gave up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Try linking tables ADR6 with table USR21. This should solve your issue. If it doesnot, please let me know what you are looking for. The complication you are facing might be because of incorrect EBP User creations multiple times.

Pls reward points if answer is usefull

Sundeep

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USR21 to ADR6 connection is for SU01 assignment, if I am correct. However, I thought BUT052 is what EBP uses in workflow, etc. Is that not correct?

Just to clarify, the way users are usually set up is SU01 first, then USERS_GEN. Is that not the correct order? Also if an e-mail is not set up initially in SU01 but a bogus one. When SU02 is used to update record, doesn't BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE update EBP accordingly.