cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to move flat files with changing filenames in a process chain ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a question concerning the "File operation (Move and copy)" process available in the process chain. I can't find any kind of documentation on this step in help.sap.com so if you know a link please post it.

I am currently facing the problem that I have a flat file provided every day which contains the date in the file name. I need to build a process chain that imports the flat file and moves it to another location after completing the load procedure.

I have seen the process "File operation (Move and copy)", however I can't figure out if it is possible to handle flat files with non similar names.....

I also can't find documentation. I currently see that an InfoPackage can be used for providing the source file, however I do not understand the relation between the InfoPackage and the process step.

Does anybody know a little more on this process step or at least is able to provide me with a link to that topic?

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Minima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this process type Move and Copy is a custom created in your Project. I have never heard of this process type.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

it's definitely customer developed... we have similar process types here

basically what you do is define some "move" logic in an ABAP program...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I see if it is custom developed?

It appears among the other regular processes in

RSPC -> Process Types -> Other BW Processes -> File Operation (Move and Copy)

I am actually quiet sure that it is not custom developed, but please let me know how to verify this.

Regards,

Minima

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look at your Process Types... the fact that it's located under "Other", means it's custom developed

check table RSPROCESSTYPES... your TYPE will start with a Z (or a Y)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I figured that the process step was custom developed. Now I would love to have a look at the coding used in that FB.

Where can I get access to the source?