cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with bsp iview residing in a diferent domain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

i have a portal page that consists of two views.

the first view is a BSP iView and the second one is an iView created in visual composer

the point was to load a file with the BSP iView and treat the data with it and then send an event to the VC iView.

i have no problems with the VC iView but the BSP only seems to work on the R/3 system.

when i try to run the BSP through the Portal, the iView loads but with errors that i suspect are related to domain relaxing since the error message is a javascript error stating "permission denied"...

i have the "support for portal integration" flag marked (since i want to use portal eventing between both iViews)

can anyone help?

points will be rewarded

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

To clarify if it's a domain problem, could you provide the fully qualified host names of the portal as well of the included BSP page server!?

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure.

BSP -> srvvvpr3d01.inet

portal -> srvvvpcrm02.crm.inet

btw, i have an alert in the BSP, printing the document.domain.

in internet explorer it prints out "srvvvpr3d01.inet" while in firefox it prints out "inet".

firefox renders the iView without any error statements (unlike internet explorer) but eventing between the two iViews doesn't work

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

As far as I remember, MS IE does not handle domains with no dots (means a domain must consist of "abc.de" at least). So even if you set "sap-domainRelax" to "max" (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/28/7c383f717b5f03e10000000a114084/frameset.htm) and "ume.logon.security.relax_domain.level" to 2 (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/5e/473d4124b08739e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm) this probably won't work (but give it a try).

If my assumption is correct, the way to go would be to replace srvvvpr3d01.inet by srvvvpr3d01.crm.inet. This even can be a dummy entry within the DNS which points to srvvvpr3d01.inet, so you wouldn't have to change the domain of the BSP server in reality.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm sorry, i posted the wrong error message.

the error is not "permission denied"

it's "access is denied".

anyway, i tried the sap-domainRelax parameter and the ume.logon.security.relax_domain.level allready

they both fail =/

eitherway, it appears that in firefox the relaxing is occurring, at least when i print the domain of the BSP it comes up as "inet". why, then, in this case, eventing keeps faling?

it's not a problem of event catching since i have the debug console rendered in the VC iView and it shows nothing comming in =/