Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with breakpoints in Web Dynpro components

karsten_heth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have problems with breakpoints in methods of Web Dynpro components. Sometimes everything works as expected and a new window with the debugger comes up. Sometimes the breakpoints are ignored, and debugging is impossible. It even happens that a colleague can debug and I can't or vice versa.

I am setting breakpoints with button "Set/Delete External Breakpoint", and the message always is "Breakpoint is set for user xxx". But sometimes when I display a method there is a warning that external debugging is not active. What does that mean and what is the reason for that?

As adviced in the SAP help document "Debugging Web Dynpro ABAP Applications" I have enabled the new Front-End Editor and the new debugger, but still the problem exists. Does anybody experience similar problems or have an explanation for this?

A second question concerns the different types of break points. My Web Dynpro component has an assistance class, and if I want to set a breakpoint there, I can choose between a session breakpoint and an external breakpoint. What exactly is the difference between these types? And here in the forum I sometimes read about internal breakpoints. Is this even a third type, or the same as session breakpoints?

Thanks, Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to turn off and then on all the BREAK-POINTS.

Run RSBREAKPOINTS via SE38; delete all breakpoints and cross the fingers...

Sergio

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you Sergio for the post. I had a problem with break points. The report RSBREAKPOINTS worked like magic. Unfortunately I cannot give you points

Kind Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartsen.

External Breakpoint -> can be started from outside the SAP GUI (e.g. WebDynpro)

Session breakpoints are used if you start a programm or something like that in SAP GUI.

I have the same problem ... sometimes he does not recocnize a new break point ... so I just reload the page and the break point works.

If external debugging is not active, you habve to activate it in SE80 Utilities->External Breakpoints.

Also make sure that in your Settings the correct debugging user is set:

Utilities->Abap_Editor->Debugging.

Cheers,

Sascha