cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling WDJ behaviour based on the Calling Application - Any Idea?

srinivas_m2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have crated <u>two applications</u> to call the <u>one WDJ program</u>.. So that based on the calling application i need to change the behavior of the WDJ program.. that is displlay and not to display few UI elements based on the calling application..

Can sone one pelase help me in this regards

Thanks in advance,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

please, follow these steps:

1) in the url of your application send a parameter (e.g. 'a' for application 1 and 'b' for application 2).

2) Into web dynpro create an inbound Plugs(Open your Interface View -> Plugs) as:

Name : Default

Event Handler: onPlugDefault

Startup: yes

This plug will read the value you sent in the URL.

3) Assign to it a parameter in the Parameters Area, i.e. "param1" type string

4) In the View you can capture the parameter value in the URL in the wdDoInit method, using this code:

String par1 = WDWebContextAdapter.getWebContextAdapter().getRequestParameter("param1");

5) Note that in the View you must add the interface (Properties -> Required Controllers)

That's all. Hoper this help you.

Regards,

Vito

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srinivas_m2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vito,

As i said it took time to explore you solution to me.. Any ways it's working fine now.

thnaks for ur help and let me reward you with points.

and the way you described is really very descriptive and it is much appriciated.

Cheers,

Srinivas M.

srinivas_m2
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry,

miseplled you name "Vito" pls don't mind..

srinivas_m2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vitio,

I am new to to WDJ any how i understood most of ur solution description.. except your point

"(3) Assign to it a parameter in the Parameters Area, i.e. "param1" type string"

In my IVIEW propreties:-

Application Parameters : "param1"..

but cudn't see it in the URL any ways pls tell me how to send/receive parameter value..

Thanks,

Srinivas.