cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are diff kinds of Supporting Projects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kinds of Supporting Projects.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Supporting Projects -

> once project go to golive -

>intial support(one month)

Here enduser not having the idea about sap system you may get few issues

Maintainse Project----> you will be supporting the project for long run

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi farhan,

as i know support is kind of maintenance activity. It can be after an implementation- support, roll out- support or upgrade support. In anycase support is to help the business run their SAP system.

thanks

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haan to Bhaiya Support is what you are trying to understand, fine.

As we make out that the meaning of providing support in IT industry in common means providing know-how, backing and infrastructure to guarantee the achievable quality and all additional expected or unexpected necessities by accommodating all vital business requirements and issue comes and this way facilitating all obstruction for smooth performance in an already established or implemented system.

So in this manner we are here talking on support to any client after SAP implementation. Here one thing we have to remember that the after go-live support what we are providing to our client is an act included in implementation and it shouldn’t be considered as a well full fledged support until KT has been done.

So before going further I feel that we shouldn’t think that we have many different types of support project. Although I do agree that the scope of support is so vast it may confuse us. So, before going in more detail I made it clear to you as this is the reply of your question. Now we will go further.

Fine here we have numerous divergent facts related to support and it might be untouched if you never got a chance to provide support to any client. Foremost of everything else ‘SAP’ itself provides two type of support. First SAP gives the support of GO-LIVE CHECK session and second it gives the service of EARLYWATCH session. These two sessions are basically to determine the status or wellbeing of SAP once the actual transactions are carried.

As a consultant when we provide the support, it will include training, guidance, configuration, enhancements, modifications, errors or troubleshooting, connectivity, suggestions regarding improvements and fine tuning of system, sap patch and kernel upgrades, or any other issues, in other words almost EVERYTHING what you can imagine or not.

As support is really a very challenging, one caution we take to state straight that there is no standard guidelines to fix your SAP support environment. And this way best possible support is difficult to identify as every company is different in mode of background, workforce, natural features, SAP environment, and support board viewpoint.

Entire support service could be alienated in generally into three broad categories:

 Support Strategy – Where you ensure the Company on the best way to set up a support model in which SLA and mode of terms and conditions will be fixed and then re-sourcing, governance, support processes, program management and Centers of Excellence will be addressed.

 Support Execution – Facilitating the best practices to help assess and benchmark the current organization and give suggestions to bring it closer to world-class.

 Support Optimization – How to reduce TCO and optimize the System to better utilization of the Support Team for long term SAP success.

At the end I will tell you in brief, what a Manager have to figure out before providing the SAP support to any client:

 The nature of business you carry out in the SAP. (Like if you intend to do continuous ABAP development or functional customizing).

 Depends on your SAP system landscape and the strategy adopted to install and implement the infrastructure.

 Lastly, how do you foresee the SAP to exist in the future in your business?

 What is the strength of your in-house IT Technical Team?

These are some following parameters you should consider while initiating for SAP support from SAP support office.

I think it might be a bit clear to you, if you require more information on support mail me on rajansinh@gmail.com I will answer back only between 1 to 3 pm.