cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a configuration file for open ldap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have installed open ldap on my machine. Now I want to configure it to NetWeaver.

For this, I started configuration through configtool utility of NetWeaver. While configuring, we need to select or upload configuration file. But now as it is open ldap we need to write our own config file.

I tried it by selecting dataSourceConfiguration_ads_deep_readonly_db.xml as a configuratio file. it shows successful test connection but the user which I have created is not appearing in UME store.

Does any body having solution for this?

I am trying to solve this problem from two days. I really appriciate one who will sove this problem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member273222
Participant
0 Kudos

Well the configuration file you chose does not allow users created in NetWeaver to be created in the LDAP. That's why it's a "readonly" configuration. I would guess that you need a custom configuration file specifically for open ldap.

This should help get you started on a custom configuration file:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b7/14d43f2dd44821e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Then again, if the only problem with the .XML file you chose is that you can't write to the LDAP, give the dataSourceConfiguration_ads_writeable_db.xml configuration file a shot.