cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS: Objectlink to more than 50 inspection methods(QMBDOC) gives dump

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement of attaching more than 50 objectlink for inspection methods to one document info records.

So when i attach 40 to 50 inspection methds by BDC program or manualy & then i again try to attach one more inpection method object by clicking on F4 it gives a Runtime error RAISE_EXPECTION

Short Text: Exception condition "INVALID_DYNPROFIELD" raised.

A RAISE statement in the program "SAPLSHL2" raised the exception

condition "INVALID_DYNPROFIELD".

Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior

program, processing was terminated.

Is there any note to be applied for this.

I got a note:896655, which says i can attach upto 100 object links to a DIR, but this is giving a error after 40-50 object links when ever i click F4 for attaching more.if i manually put value in the inspection method name it takes it & also saves it.

Please advice.

Regards

Nishant..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Nishant,

please check if the notes 880077 and 885977 are implemented. These notes solve several object link related issues too.

Further please check the settings for object links in your customizing.

First of of it is necessary to maintain the correct screen numbers for all needed objects within the customizing. Therefore go to transaction SPRO and select

Cross-Application Components

> Document Management

> Control Data

> Maintain Screen for Object Link

Here you can enter all needed SAP objects with the name and

the related screen number. If you do not know the object or the screen number you can display a list of all SAP standard objects in transaction SE80 under function group CV130 ("Screens").

So for material master you maintain the following entry:

SAP object Screen Description Auth.

-

MARA 201 material master 1

Please note that the system automatically adds the leading "1" which is displayed in function group CV130 under

"Screens". So for object MARA you just have to enter 201 instead of 1201.

The value "1" in the column "Auth." is necessary to grant that always the latest dynpros and authorizations were used when linking this object to an document info record. This will avoid different problems by displaying linked documents from the object side.

The next step is to decide which objects should be used in the different document types. Therefore please go to transaction DC10 and choose the relevant document type. Afterwards please select "Define object links". Here you can

add all needed objects only by entering the object. The correct screen number is taken automatically. Also note the blue information buttons in the upper right corner which contain further necessary informations about the possible settings of the current screen.

After doing these settings in customizing you should be able to link the maintained objects to document info records and oppositely.

Important notes regarding the object link functionalities are:

880077: Performance problem using object links

885977: Extension to note 867241 on object links

926060: Extension of note 885977 for object link Purchase Order

960202: Object Links Deleted While Adding New Objects

1002648: Wrong behaviour while using RFC_CHANGE_DOCUMENT_MASTER

Best regards,

Christoph

0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for the post. I followed your instructions in SE 80 and was able to find the right dynpro for Object QMTB! Great!

Now I am faced however with a second problem. This is one which your already helped me with one time on an OSS call and which I still have not closed. I am only able to enter the links from one side (from within the DMS). Once I create them there, I then can see them within QMTB. Unfortunately, addng them from within QMTB is not possible. Everything is grayed out (just like with iPPE object links - the subject of my OSS call).

What am I missing? Thanks Christoph for all of your help both here and in other places.

---Ray Fischer

Answers (0)