cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U = Maintain Political Regional Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm new to IS-U. As a beginner i'm facing a problem in understanding the functionality of "Maintaning the Hierarchy" in the Political Regional Structure. Can someone explain this in simple and understandable terms using a real life example if possible.

Regards,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_sharma1
Explorer
0 Kudos

After a lot of time i heard something from the Regional structuring:

Well, i try to address this with a scenario; hope will be helpful:

(I assume that you are quite clear about the regional structuring here )

In the political regional structure, you model political/administrative units in an hierarchical structure. By means of the address in the postal regional structure, you can allocate elements of the political structure to IS-U master data (to the connection object or business partner, for example).

Now maintained political structuring has 2 parts:

1. Maintain hierarchy

2. Maintain elements

1>> Hierarchy is just the place holder for the elements to be maintained in the step 2, hierarchy helps to form a structure of administrative model of a country. e.g

Country = US and the administrative model of each state differs, so i'll make the hierarchy as a header of the STATE (01) followed by the rest of the structure 😆

Hierarchy :

01 state

05 county

06 city

07 city district

Based on this model, now i can generate the hierarchy for almost all the States of the US, provided they follow this hierarchal model.

here is the example of the california:

state California 00000001

cty San Francisco County 00000002

city San Francisco 00000004

city distr Sunset District 00000005

city distr Mission District 00000006

city distr Castro District 00000007

city distr Haight-Ashbury District 00000008

city distr North Beach District 00000009

city distr Richmond District 00000010

city distr Marina District 00000011

city distr SOMA District 00000012

Now you might be wondering what is the significance of this:

Well, if you remember that once you create Premise/Connection Object which asks for the address entry; you can specify the element number at that time. It helps to integrate both the regional and political structure. and based on the element number it can form the complete address as well.........isn't amazing?

That's the SAP is all about......

Hope answer will be helpful. don't hesitate to ask again if it doesn't clear your doubt.

Best Regards,

Amit Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

This really really gives me a good insight into the 'Political Regional Structure'.

tejes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was maintaining Political heirarchy in my development environment, but it is not asking for any TR.

How do we move this heirarchy to quality environment, In Quality environment this is disabled.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

daniel_cunha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I made the regional structure (SR10 and SR21) with cities, district and streets, in which I added postal code.

But when filling in the BP and selecting the street in F4, system not fill the district and postal code automatically.

Can help please?

Daniel.