cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chains

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done some modifications to the process chains.Now ,got to test them.But ,the loads fail quite often.Its got to do with some dependencies.I am loading transaction data.But ,Prior to this Master data loads must be triggered using the chains.I think these are dependencies.So,I want to know how these dependencies can be identified for a particular process chain.Please give some information as i am new to this proj. and i have to start work immediately

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poonam,

You can know the dependencies from load failures and what the log says. As you said, if master data needs to be loaded first, the load will fail saying something related to this. Like that you can analyze what should be done for the load to succeed. You can get inputs from others regarding the loading sequence....

Former Member
0 Kudos

But ,if i wanted to know the dependencies even before the triggering the process chain.How should I go about this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poonam,

You should get that information form the ones who worked on that earlier. That is the first thing. You must be having some SOP's documented. Else you should check all teh data sources and come to a conclusion....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way to find out the dependencies is to open the Transaction DataSource and see what objects it is extracting...then all you need to do is make sure that you load the master data for those objects prior to running the transaction load. Good luck.