cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable in KF Structure removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have removed a variable from a reusable structure but the structure however is

still referencing the variable Although the queries are running by using the new

variable that was inserted into the structure we are not able to delete the old variable using RSZDELETE.

When i am trying to delete the variable it is showing that its being used in the

structure but i am sure that it is not being used.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

to see the list of variables in Bex, go to table RSZGLOBV and see where it is used when i have got same problem i tried this right click on the variable and delte and save and once again right click on the variable and delte try this

thanks

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My problem has been solved the issue was the redundant entries in tables

RSZELTXREF

RSZELTDIR

RSZCOMPDIR

Deleting these entries solves the problem.

Thanks for all your inputs .

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you should go through this once

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/Rules%20of%20Engagement

I know that i have not provided you really useful answer-But other guys have given some useful info though they did not solve your issue...assigning points is just to encourage people!!

Message was edited by:

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

THE STRUCTURE IS BEING USED IN AROUND TEN QUERIES.BUT I AM NO LONGER USING THE VARIABLE IN THE STRUCTURE.

HOWEVR THE META DATA SHOWS THAT THE VARIABLE TO BE USED BY

THE STRUCTURE WHICH IS NOT TRUE.

AND THATS WHERE THE PROBLEM IS ARAISING.

I AM SURE THAT I AM NOT USING THE VARIABLE IN THE STRUCTURE.

AND WHEN I WANT TO DELETE ITS HOWVER GIVING AN ERROR SAYING THAT THE VARIABLE IS BEING USED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

I FULLY UNDERSTOOD YOUR PROBLEM HOWEVER YOU WERE ASKING JUST PRIOR TO KNOW WHERE YOUR STRUCTURE WAS USED TO WHICH I ANSWERED.

PLEASE BE PRECISE WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR INPUTS BECAUSE OUR ANSWERS WILL BE AS ACCURATE AS YOURS.

Now let's try the following since you brought up the metadata; metadata repository and where used lists can sometimes be cached and that could be your problem;

call tran RSOR, menu extra, repository cache, delete. Then refill.

In adition if it still doens't work, call SE38 and execute RSO_REPOSITORY_CACHE_CLEAR

and then RSO_REPOSITORY_CACHE_UPDATE

keep me posted....

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that you should quit and reload your Qdesigner after clearing/updating the cache....

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shashi,

Have the properties of your structure changed to reflect the time that you made the change of replacing the variable in it?

Just wondering this in case the change of variable was made in a structure similar to the global one but however not the global one.

Regards

Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier

Try the things that you suggested but my metadata still shows as the structure

is using the variable that i want to delete .I hav double checked many times and

i am sure the structure is not using the variable.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if u want to see the variable is using then go to table RSZGLOBV and search for that variable and where it is used. And if u want to delete try this u first right click on the variable and delete and save and once again right click on the particular variable and delete.

thanks

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using it in any cell definitions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not able to delete the variable using any of the above methods.

I need to see if the structure is stored in any object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

then right click the structure and perform a where used list....

let us know...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry all of these are not helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using a structure with a variable I created .I have removed from the structure a previous variable that was being used.Now if i go into RSZDELETE and try to delete the Old redundant variable it is showing as being used in the structure.However i am very sure that it is not being used in any structure ,RKF or CKF.

Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where did you use your variable? in a RKF or is it a text var?

Is your structure a Global or Local structure?

Did you close and reopen the QDesigner and eventually logoff login? Usually this is the problem: you have to leave the querydesigner in order to release the locks. (see locks in SM12, perhaps your variable is locked.). Is there any other user having open the qdesigner?

let us know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Let me re phrase my question I need to know how to regenerate a query

structure , I am sure ther must be some function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can use RSRT in order to generate the query, but not the structure....

finally what do you want to delete??

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

close the QDesigner and reopen it; perform a where used list for this variable; if it is not used anywhere you'll then be able to delete it.

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to know where the structure is stored other than on Query designer

template.So as to look if there is any problem there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understand your enquiry: is your problem related to deleting a variable or deleting a structure?

let us know....

Olivier.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you remove the Variable from Global Structure from any Query,it should be deleted from Structure.

take a look at all the restricted keyfigures used in Query.becasue you might have deleted the variable from only one RKF of the structure. and dont forget to check Calculated Keyfigures definition also since CKF may be based on any RKFwhich contains this Variable.

Regards

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use RSRT Transaction.

try this also: log off and log-in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shashi,

If you refer to a group of queries using this structure, you should check all the nodes in that.

Else if you want to do that for a single query, you can remove the reference of the structure and proceed with changes.