cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the 'Complete' button do in 'Process Purchase Order' (BBP_POC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum people,

Does anyone know exactly what the 'Complete' button does in the 'Process PO' transaction in SRM v5.0?

I am in extended classic mode and clicked the button only to find the header status updated to show completed, but nothing else at first glance!

Thanks a lot,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

In case you partially confirm a purchase order, this button gets activated in the change mode when you click on the process P.O.

Once you click the ' Complete' button and order the P.O again, it marks the P.O as complete and does not allow any further confirmation (G.R)

Hope this will clear your query.

Award points for suitable answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few additional points to be noted on 'Complete' button

1) Will be activated in the Change mode of PO when Subsequent document exists i.e. GR or in case of 2-way match IR

2) Complete will prevent any further changes to the PO

3) Complete will not release the commitments that are created in the backend. If you want to release the commitments, first go to the statistics link on the Item detail and check the 'No more GR expected' and 'No more Invoices expected' checkboxes before you click on Complete button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a slightly different question but it's related to the same PO 'Complete' button.

We have a number of different scenarios where the commitments need to be released in the backend ERP system but we're not able to either becuase the POs were accidentally completed or they are in error status in SRM.

We're running SRM 5.0 in extended classic.

Is there a risk to corrupting the PO data if we reverse the complete status via a custom program in order to then manually set the two indicators?

Our users completed the SRM POs without setting the item level 'No more GR expected' and 'No more Invoices expected' values.

Regards,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Maybe you can temporarily change your status rules in transaction BS22 so that you are able to access your document and do what you need. Switch back the status rules once you're done.

Let me know if it worked!

Cheers,

Henrique