cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive form using ABAP workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have develped Print forms using ABAP workbench using SFP transaction.

I am really confused with the terms Print forms and Interactive forms..

Actually I was able to make my Print form which I have created using SFP transaction, Interactive by giving the appropriate form parameter(fillable).

But I have read some SDN article in which it says that Interactive forms can only be created in Webdynpro environment.. (Either ABAP webdynpro or Java Webdynpro)..

In the design time how we will know that the form is interactive or not?

Please let me know ur thoughts on this..

Regards,

Sreejith A P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sree jith,

At Design Time, we design a form using the Adobe Designer tool, which allows to to create forms with input fields etc, which can be filled by the user, if the runtime supports it.

When you design a form via transaction SFP,y ou are essentially designing the form and adding the elements, but, whether the form would be interective or not would be defined by the run time environment.

If you add an input field to the form, and execute it via an ABAP report, then the form would not be inteactive but, if you use the same form in WebDynpro, then the form could be interactive.

Designing the form via SFP or via the WebDynpro Interactive form element, both, inherently call the Adobe Designer, but executing the form via WebDynpro Environment would supoprt its interactove nature whereas via an ABAP report, it would not, although the tool allowed you to add the UI element.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Siddhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree jith,

Youn can create Interactive forms in SFP through ABAP. (ALCD opens ther also )

Print forms - non -interactive forms.

For interactive forms, you put the form properties-> form type ass interactive in the adobe life cycle designer.

Please elaborate, if this wont help.

- anto.