cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False Monitoring Message in SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are working on a simple File-XI-File scenario. The reciever communication channel is inactive and the file is not getting created at the required destination.

It is giving an error message in Adapter Monitoring but its showing a success message in SXMB_MONI.

I am really surprised seeing this.

I am using XI 3.0 with SP-15. Please tell me what might be the probllem in the scenario or in the server as i am getting a success message in SXMB_MONI.

Warm Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>>Please tell me what might be the probllem in the scenario or in the server as i am getting a success message in SXMB_MONI.

If you make ur channel inactive , it doesnt mean that your message will not be processed in the pipeline. IT will go thru the pipeline and you will see messages in SXMB_moni but it will be only blocked in the Adapter monitoring, since you have made it inactive.

So, there is no problem at all in this case and this is not false monitoring since it shows the error correctly in the adapter monitor.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am agreed that message will be coming in the pipeline. But when the receiver communication channel is inactive and the file has not got created at the target end then how it can show a success flag in SXMB_MONI?

If I am doing Content Conversion at the receiver file adapter with some wrong parameters, it is showing error in the Adapter Monitoring (Red Status of Comm Channel) wheras it is showing a success message in SXMB_MONI.

Warm Regards,

N.jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

>>when the receiver communication channel is inactive and the file has not got created at the target end then how it can show a success flag in SXMB_MONI?

It means that message has successfully processed and send back from XI.

But the problem is in adapter that u can't see in SXMB_MONI.

regards

yugapreetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nishu,

XI messge processing SenderAdapterEngine -

>IntergationServer -

receiverAdapterEngine .

3 stages if it is processed sucessfully at 2nd stage it will display sucesfully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuga,

I will tell the Process of Message Processing, then Afterwards let me know Why it is happening here.

First of all Adapter has to pick up the Mesage And give it to Integration Engine.

Then IE Transefer it to IS to Process the Pipeline Steps. Finally Messages will be Showed in MONI.

So here Message is not get picked up , Why because Adapter is Inactive .

So How is it Possible to Go through the Pipeline Steps ????

Regards

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>

when the receiver communication channel is inactive and the file has not got created at the target end then how it can show a success flag in SXMB_MONI?

It is showing success in sxmb_moni because in sxmb_moni ,you can monitor only the ABAP part of the pipeline. Whereas, if you goto message monitoring in RWB, you will find some error like "Waiting". also the adapter monitoring tracks the error as you see it

>>If I am doing Content Conversion at the receiver file adapter with some wrong parameters, it is showing error in the Adapter Monitoring (Red Status of Comm Channel) wheras it is showing a success message in SXMB_MONI.

Again, the concept remains the same. Errors related to the CC are not of a concern to SXMB_moni. At sxmb_moni, it shows the status of the message processed only until the message has been taken from the Outbound Queue. hence, you see success message in sxmb_moni

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Sorry ,Wrong Post,,,,,, I Thought that he Deactivated the Sender CC.......

Regards

Vamsi

Answers (0)