cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have an ifocube which contains some characteristics which have master data. if it contains attribute which again has characteristics having master data , do i need to activate the master data datasource of attribute characteristics along with characteristics of the cube or only the characteristics of the cube, which shall take care of its attribute master data??

Hope im clear on my question

Thanks

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You wil need to activate/load all masterdata that has attributes and/or texts.

Only Info-Objects that are attribute only (and have no description) don't have to be loaded.

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

to make it more clear i have a cube Annual Values 0FIAA_C01 which has characteristics

Asset Sub-number 0ASSET

Main Asset Number 0ASSET_MAIN

Company code 0COMP_CODE

Depreciation area real or derived 0DEPRAREA

Depreciation Area Real or Derived 0ASSET_AFAB

these characteristics have master data with attribute for eg Asset Sub-number 0ASSET having attibute 0COSTCENTER which itself has master data. and othe such characteristics also

so now to load this infocube i will have to load masterdata datasource only for initial 5 characteristics only or for the attribute 0COSTCENTER

any suggestion??

hope im clear

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you load the cube, BW will insert "empty" masterdata records for those that are not present. (Empty = only key, no text, no attributes).

If you make a query using the characteristics, the texts and attributes used in your query will not be filled.

Whether you have to load the masterdata in depending on wich attributes/texts you use in your reports.

Udo

Answers (0)