cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating a Field depending on the selection of a dropdownlist in adobe fo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to populate a Text Field based on the selection of a dropdownlist in Adobe forms in WebDynPro.

Pls let me know how to do it????

Thanks in Advance,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sameer,

To accomplish this, you can add a single line to the "exit" event of the drop down list:

TextField1.rawValue = this.rawValue;

// for JavaScript

If you are using FormCalc:

TextField1.rawValue = $.rawValue

To access the "exit" event, make sure the script editor window is open (press F4) and then select "exit" from the drop down list in the upper left hand corner of the script window.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Blair Powell

Adobe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

You can get the selected value in the dropdwonlist by the lead selection method of that node.

Using this method you will get the index of that element then using getelementAt() method of the node you will get the selected element.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Thanks for replying. The problem is that in my form there is a dropdown list followed by a textbox. Now as soon as I select something in the dropdown list, the corresponding text description should automatically be populated in the textbox.

I have created the event in my code in which I get the selected value in the dropdown list and set the text field's text to the desired value. Problem is how do I associated this event to the change in the dropdown list selection. I hope you understand my problem.

thanks and regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer

Use the onSelect Action of the dropdown UI element.

Regards

NagaKishore V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NagaKishore,

Where do I get the onSelect option for the dropdown in my form. This option is there for nowmal UI elements in the WebDynPro applications. Like if I have a droodown in the UI for normal webdynpro application , in the properties window the onSelect action is available, but for the Adobe form i dont think it is available. The dropdown list is on my adobe form.

Thanks and Regards,

Sameer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

There is one way to achieve this.

You can write some javascript on event of selecting value in dropdown.

Open your PDF form.Then goto menu "palettes" and then choose "script editor".

Now, select your dropdwon element.

It will show some line of scripting in Javascript of Formcalc.

Here, you can write your JAVA script for displaying values in textview.

If it helps then don't forget to award points

Regards,

Bhavik