cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping: ABAP call from User Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some time earlier this month I remember seeing a document on how to call an ABAP function from the User defined functions in the graphical mapping editor.

Now I can't remember where I saw this, was it a forum post or a weblog or a general XI article... even though I have spent ages searching all over SDN.

Does anybody know where I can find this document?

Thanks and Regards

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You then have two containers and you can use a transformation step to merge them.

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I'd rather use a multi-mapping instead where you merge the initial message with the response of your synchronous look-up.

It should not be necessary to store the data on a back-end system, since all the data is available in your process.

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

You are right. A multi-mapping would make more sense. So, I should store the outgoing message in a container, and then merge it with the response?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Just one remark: for performance reasons it might be advantageous to access the R/3 only once and then store all the necessary data in the ClobalContainer of your mapping (i.e. the memory). You can then read in this data directly from the memory for your mappings.

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for the tip. My actual problem is this...

I have a message going from SAP CRM to a backend non-SAP system to create a service ticket there. The request msg of the legacy system accepts the CRM reference number, but the response does not send the CRM ref back.

The scenario looks like this...

CRM - Asynch -> BPM - Synch Req -> Legacy -> Synch Resp -> BPM - Asynch -> CRM

I need to store the CRM Ref number somewhere, and add it back to the message before it goes back into CRM. I tried to look at storing it in a container in the BPM, but was unable to find a way to put it back into the message from there.

So one solution I could think of is to have a mapping between the BPM and legacy system. In the request, make a call to the ABAP function module, and store the message ID and the CRM Ref. On the response, send the ref_to_msg id and get back the CRM Ref, which I can then populate back into the msg.

Can you suggest a better alternative?

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have found it now.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/how to perform sap data lookups within xi mappings