cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net PDK - Debud Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to debug an application from within Visual Studio 2003. I have followed the following documentation

https://media.sdn.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/dotnet/Programming%20with%20PDK%20for%20.NET/Previewin...

and it says that to enable local debugging, the portal-side Production Mode property should be set to false.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the info you need appears in the administration guide of the PDK.NET.

The Production Mode property is one of the properties of the portal service that is in charge of handling processing of .NET portal components.

You need to log in to the portal as administrator go to system administration -> system configuration in the top level navigation. Go to service configuration i the detailed navigation -> application folder->com.sap.portal.dotnet.framework->services->iViewProcessorService, right click and choose configure.

You can edit the service properties.

When you are done click save, right click on the com.sap.portal.dotnet.framework folder in the detail navigation, choose administrate and restart the iViewProcessorService.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, I wasn't aware that I had a portal running on my local machine. How would I go about logging into it?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

The PDK.NET is used for developing for the SAP Enterprise Portal.

SAP Enterprise Portal is java based and the only way to develop content for it in .NET is by using the PDK.NET.

The PDK.NET includes 3 main components:

1. The VS addin which enable to develop content.

2. The .NET runtime component which actually does the processing of content developed in .NET.

3. 2 SDA files that are to be deployed on the portal.

In order to run .NET portal component you have to have an SAP Enterprise Portal installed and the SDA's deployed and for production also to install the runtime component.

When you only need to debug, the addin starts a temporary local .NET runtime instance which is used by the portal to processes the component you are debugging. This way several developer can debug .NET portal components in the same time, each of them on his own machine.

It is a really cool feature actually ;).

I would recommend you download the PDK.NET guides which are available in the help section in the .NET section.

These might makes things even clearer

Hope this solved the confusion,

Tsachi

Answers (0)