cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check box in ALV, server round trip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a ALV list with about fifty row. The first column is a checkbox. The user now can click several checkboxes. But after clicking each checkbox it seems that the system does a server round trip, the 'egg timer' appears. Is it possible to stop this in order to do the round trip only when a button is clicked?

regards

stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

You can avoid this by <i><b>not defining any Action in the onToggle Event</b></i> for the CheckBox UI Element, if your business requirements allow that.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

the checkbox is in an ALV list,so there is no UI Element. It seems that the action for the event is predefined and I do not know how to deregister it.

thanks

stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

There's a method SET_CELL_ACTION_EVENT_ENABLED in the interface IF_SALV_WD_TABLE_SETTINGS, implemented in CL_SALV_WD_CONFIG_TABLE. You can try calling this method by passing abap_false to it. I am not sure whether this will work.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

thanks for your suggestion but this method behaves a little bit strange. Now all other actions do not work any longer but there are still all server round trips.

regards

stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rather than using checkboxes, try making the Table selection mode as MULTI and instead of using checkboxes, make users select Rows. That way for multiple selects, they can press SHIFT key and select records rather than selecting one by one. Also for distinct selects they can use CNTRL key.

Easier way.

You can easily get all selected elements by calling

NODE->GET_SELECTED_ELEMENTS( ).

If the number of columns in the table are less, then this way it will be faster.

Thanks

Anand