cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory field of Profit Center in Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can I know how to consider profit center as mandatory field in cost center because at present it is optional.

Urgent.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manisha Sarma!

I think you want to make Profit Center as mandatory while creating/Modifying Cost Center <b>KS01/KS02</b>. If yes, <b>YOU CAN'T</b> because SAP has provided flexibility to derivate the Profit Center by defining "Default account assignment" in <b>OKB9</b>. Since, there may be different Profit Centers per one Cost Center for different Cost Elements.

So, as per your request if SAP makes Profit Center mandatory in <b>KS01/KS02</b> we can't define Derivation Rules (OKB9) flexibly, because it is confined to only one Profit Center if we give in <b>KS01/KS02</b>. Moreover, Profit Centers are automatically derivated by the system based on configuration done in <b>OKB9</b>.

All these are only applicable only when you <b>Activate Profit Center</b>.

Reward the points if you got the solution for your query.

Regards,

<b>D Srinivas Kumar</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to activate the profit center-KEOA2.

Then the profit center entry becomes mandatory.Then in the cost center master data,the system will not allow to save unless the profit center is entered.

Please try this and tell me whether it is was useful.

Regards

Vardhini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your are saying it is optional. so make it as mandatory in field status group.

Mandatory means value is must. IF u want to specify value or name there may be so many. so specify a Validation for as a condition type. IF this is the g/l account then this will be the cost center like that.

For suppose if you want to substitute means whenever profit center x enntered then the cost center will be y. at this condition u can use substitution.

And see once OKB9 default account assignment.

Hope this clear, if yes assign points,

Regards,

Sankar

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Manisha,

1. Turn on profit center accounting (in SPRO)

or

2. Through validation (in GGB0)

Eric Cartman