cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Select options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where i have to use to separate select options but the value of the 2nd Select option is dependant of the value chosen in the first select option.

For eg:First Select option is for SWCV and 2nd option is for Data Object.

If you choose S1 as SWCV in first select option then the values in select options for Data object should be populated for Data objects belonging to SWCV "S1" only an not for any other SWCV.

PS:Points will be awarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul.

I do not think it is possible when using the select options component, as you can

not register for any selection event to populate the next selection field based on

the first selection.

Cheers,

Sascha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sacha,

Is there any other way in abap web dynpro where i can achieve the above mentioned requirement.The catch here is that the user can enter multiple values.

Earlier user was allowed to have only one entry in inputfield so OVS used to solve my problem.But with multiple entries i can't do the same thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Use a freely programmed input help for this. Multiple selection can be done since the input help is from your component only and you can enable the table for multiple selection. Refer to the component demo_value_help on how to implement this.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nithya,

i tried to use the freely pgm help but the interface controller always seems to have the connid as it node attribute.HOw can i customize it to my requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Did you make your own Component for the Help? Or did you use one from the examples? Looking at your problem it seems that you used the one from an example. You need to create your own components.

Regards,

Neha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the help gurus.My problem is solved.