Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Whenver we create a syn obj

we have to provide source and target component......................depending upon them we are getting the list of source and target sytem names or RFC.

1.What is the importance of source and target components and how are they linked to the individual objects.

2.Later we have to provide the syn oject or include the same but can we provide custom obj like ztables because it gives option for fetching data from source and target IMG only.

I will reward points.Please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To answer your questions,

1. What is the importance of source and target components and how are they linked to the individual objects.

For instance, if we have R3 and CRM Systems to be synchronized, we need to give the RFC Destinations of the Source(R3) and Target(CRM) systems (Create the RFCs in SM59). After the RFC call is successful, the individual objects need to be transferred from R3 to CRM and vice versa. For eg, when we create a Sales Order in CRM, the order has to be replicated in R3 to do Billing/Shipping or ATP checks. Inorder to do that, we need to synchronize object called BUPA_MAIN(Business Partner).

2.Later we have to provide the syn oject or include the same but can we provide custom obj like ztables because it gives option for fetching data from source and target IMG only.

I am not sure if the ZTABLES created can be synchronized, but if the corresponding customizing objects exists in source and target, I believe you can.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

Thanks for ur reply but please elaborate a bit more.

whenever we create syn obj we have to provide source and target component first and depending upon these ,when we press F4 we get list of source and target systems like crm and r/3.

How i will identify that say if i want to customize "type of payment card" from r/3 to ecc.

How to identify that this belong to which source component as after selecting this we get the source component in the list.

Please help me.i rewarded points to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Say you setup the Customizing Distribution in SCDT_SETUP by naming the Synch Group.

1. Create the Synch Group.

2.Enter the Sol Man Project Name under the Distribution -Relevant Transports in the Dev System.

3. Select the Distribution Type "Synch at Transport Recording" becuase whenever you save the changes in the Source Satellite System, it gets synch in Target Satellite System.

4. Select the Source Log System Where you will get the logical system assigned to the Client. (In your case:- R3. To identify which logical system, use tcode SALE to verify the logical system assignments in your satellite system)

5.Select the Target log System where you will get the logical system assigned to the client. (In your case: ECC)

6. Once you save, the Customizing Distribution gets activated.

7. Go to Source Satellite System and change the customizing.

8. When you save the customizing in Source, you will get the prompt for customizing request. Then the changes will be written to the customizing tables in source(R3) system. At the same time,the customizing distribution in SOLMAN will be logged with the customizing changes.

9. Verify the customizing changes in SCDT_LOG where you can search by SOLMAN Project mentioned in step2.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Sudhan Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhan,

Thanks for ur reply.

i have implemented for <b>standard sync groups</b> and it's working fine.

<b>

My Prob is only related to creation of syn group rest is fine.let me explain again.</b>

For R/3 i am giving source comp as SAP_APPL similarly i have to give comp for BW ECC MDM how i will come to know from the drop down list to select which components.

Because even if i select say any other component which is lying on the that system;I get the source and target system name and proceed further by selecting the req IMG activity.Later addition of the objects.

Please help me in solving the first point as i am near to solution with ur help.